corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cops withs speed guns.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cops withs speed guns.
harrisp

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 11 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gf has just rang me as she thinks the has just been caught speeding (anyone who says she shouldnt of been speeding etc can gtf) but she said it was a bloke in normal clothes pointing a speed gun at the car, do the police do it in plain clothes? and would she have been pulled there and then for speeding or can it still be done through the post?

Matty SRi

2nd Jun 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairly sure she would of had to of been pulled over, as a handheld speed gun doesnt store information about the car? So if they caught someone speeding, then the only way to send a fine would be to find out their details themselves and send it out, which i cant see happening?
Eddx14xe

2nd Jun 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe it was just for a survey or something on the area. The country bumpkins do it all the time here. Then post the results in the newspaper. Dont see the point but it keeps them happy

[Edited on 02-06-2011 by Eddx14xe]
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If she wasn't pulled over and given a NIP she won't get done.
harrisp

2nd Jun 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eddx14xe
Maybe it was just for a survey or something on the area. The country bumpkins do it all the time here. Then post the results in the newspaper. Dont see the point but it keeps them happy

[Edited on 02-06-2011 by Eddx14xe]

This was out in a little countryside village that is full of weirdos

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
If she wasn't pulled over and given a NIP she won't get done.

Cheers, good news then
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Jun 11 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell her you'll go down to the police station and contest it, then you win anal.
oceansoul

2nd Jun 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Around my way they get snobby posh old people to stand out with a speed gun in "high risk" areas. We had leaflets come round saying that if we get caught speeding 3 times by these old people then we'll get a ticket. Dont know how/if they actually record the cars licence plate however.
harrisp

2nd Jun 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doubt that would work eck.
mattant

2nd Jun 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've gone past a policeman pointing a speed gun at me doing 50 in a 40, there was also 2 police cars pulled up. I never got anything, but some people say they're might be a camera on a tripod further down the road, or one of the police cars will pull you.
DanCobb

2nd Jun 11 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went past one about a month back doing just under 40 in a 30, never had any comebacks!
Ben G

2nd Jun 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was in the news a while back about the local neighbourhood watch nosey cunts being given speed guns and you'll get a letter from the police if caught. no points though.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cops withs speed guns. 23 database queries in 0.0134208 seconds