corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Long time no post! need some advise please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Long time no post! need some advise please
SAL
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Jun 11 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not posted for a while, hope everyone is well

Need some advise about paintwork which was done over a year ago.

The astra van was keyed before PVS last year so it was put back to standard and the money from the parts used to get the painwork re-done

From the minute I picked it up I realised something wasnt right, I wanted to see it in full daylight first

So following you can clearly see the panels painted are like clouds, patchy would be an understatement

I have shown the body shop owner and spoke to him 6 times since about it, he no's its patchy but until now doesnt give a monkeys imo

The icing on the cake was me dropping off bumpers and sills to get painted before PVS, this was two months ago, and yet today there still the same how I left them...

So he has had his chances to re-paint the van and my other bits but nothing?

Would mind but for example I spent over £2000 on my corsa B there, At least £1000 on the corsa C and £1000 on the astra GSi and £600 on the van doing the coupe bits last time

And not forgetting my pals cars like antmashed, chris C, ross, stocker etc etc

What do I do about my patchy van, and the fact I paid for the work and have not seen either a refund or a re-paint or even my bumpers being done

Seriosly ATM!

steve
Jake

10th Jun 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did you pay cash?
SAL
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 20:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, as allways
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go there and give shit. The patchy-ness will just be where it's not been applied very well or not had a drop coat applied to even it all out. I presume it's probably silver?
SAL
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

indeed it is silver
Graeme
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 21:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah not a massive thing to sort tbh. Needs repainting but wouldn't take much prep as it's all ready been painted. You need to get some money back and take it elsewhere or keep annoying him untill he paints it.
SAL
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Past the stage of asking him, would rather my money back tbh. BUT its like talking to a brick wall with him most the time

Its annoying as all my other cars where perfect!

I no its a van but I want it right

Jambo

10th Jun 11 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was bad a year ago why have you given him more work
big eck

11th Jun 11 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This sounds strange, he admits the job isn't done right but is unwilling to fix it???

Just tell him straight you want your money back or tell him to do it correctly. If he doesn't do anything then phone trading standards.
SAL
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
If it was bad a year ago why have you given him more work

In the hope my patchwork panels would get redone!

After a long call today, he is going to have the work re-done next week by another painter!

Hope its right this time

Chris C

11th Jun 11 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a shame really as the work that normally comes out of that place is spot on. Your corsa and astra and few jobs he's done for me have always been perfect. Do you think He's doing this because you two were pretty friendly and thought he could get away with putting you off more than someone off the street ?? Soon as he realised that paint wasn't right should've been re-done
SAL
Premium Member

11th Jun 11 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well it took a shit convo to sort out, shame really, live and learn...would rather go back to being a customer mate

Should be done next week, need to find someone to do my sill and bumpers now
Chris C

12th Jun 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lemass
SAL
Premium Member

12th Jun 11 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you no how to get there?
Chris C

12th Jun 11 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Message Tomnova
Andy Stocker

12th Jun 11 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not nice to hear. When I had my problems he took the car in and fixed them no problem.
As for where to go now .... as Chris said go to Lemass

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Long time no post! need some advise please 23 database queries in 0.0125949 seconds