corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » OK so my Clio's Fucked...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author OK so my Clio's Fucked...
A2H GO

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully not the same thing as happened to my old man, long story short he was quoted more to fix than the car was worth...

Just come to it after work, clicked the fob...nothing. Opened it manually with the key and can hear clicking from the passenger foot well.

Under there is the UCH (whatever that stands for) and 4 black relays, took out the clicking one and swapped with one that wasn't, which then started clicking also so it's not the relays.

Key in ignition, turn and just get a click from the relay, press the fob, just get a click from the relay. Try to start and you get some fancy flashing lights all over the place as per the video below.

No radio, wipers, headlights, electric windows but lights are bright on the dash so not likely to be the battery, it doesn't even attempt to turn over when started, possibly immobiliser?

Immobiliser light flashes intermittently before key is turned when turns it stays on constantly for a bit then just goes a bit mental and does what it want....

Answers to my problems on a post card....just off with my old man to tow it home from work.

Vid later.
Jambo

22nd Jun 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I say battery.
Jake

22nd Jun 11 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the blowers work with ignition on
taylorboosh

22nd Jun 11 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not broken mate, clios are more reliable than ctrs, check again
corsadonk
Premium Member

22nd Jun 11 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
its not broken mate, clios are more reliable than ctrs, check again

Like he said.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jun 11 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Battery would be my first port of call
Kieran
Premium Member

22nd Jun 11 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had this before with a friends Corsa. Turned out to be a fuse?
LeeM

22nd Jun 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flat battery, i get that clicking in my corsa when the battery runs flat and i open it on the key i think its the indicators flashing because the alarms not been disarmed by the key fob
Matty W

22nd Jun 11 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by music1990
Check the main earth from the gearbox to the battery. They like to corrode. If your imobilser light stays solid its a possible imobilser fault. If it flashes rapidly it means it doesn't recognise the key (possible key fault) is it a clio 2 phase 2 (later model with the crease down the center of the bonnet) ?

By the way. It would still crank over with imobilser faults, just not fire as the imobilser is built into the injection computer and only cuts out the fuel and spark. If you have no crank, check voltage at the battery. If that's ok, check the main braded earth
DanCobb

22nd Jun 11 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old one did this, was ages ago tho, think it turned out to be the battery in the end!
A2H GO

22nd Jun 11 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back from going all the way back to work with my old man to tow it home, tried the jump leads, 5 mins later after a bit of fannying about it kicked in.

It wasn't turning over at all before, and some of the relays were clicking with the ignition on.

With the jump leads on it turned over once then cut itself out, presumably immobiliser as mentioned.

Eventually it fully turned over an kicked in, drove home, tested it on the drive, started fine no problems, went petrol station, again started fine. Felt guilty, checked oil, not even on min, same as water so treated it to some fresh water and a litre of oil.

Weird, something must have caused it to go flat, the indicator on the battery has gone from blank to green again...

Do I put it down to being French and having an off day?

[Edited on 22-06-2011 by A2H GO]
A2H GO

22nd Jun 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, whilst im in the mood for sorting it out...are my headlights fucked or will a series of wet and dry paper bring them up like new again?

No idea how they got like that :l

LeeM

22nd Jun 11 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Do I put it down to being French and having an off day?

yep
Jambo

22nd Jun 11 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ash toothpaste is aparently a good menthod
A2H GO

22nd Jun 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Ash toothpaste is aparently a good menthod

I'll try it and report back.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » OK so my Clio's Fucked... 23 database queries in 0.0113418 seconds