corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Singer 911 - featuring Cosworth

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Singer 911 - featuring Cosworth
Fad

User status: Offline
18th Jul 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Whoa easy, I was commenting in the context of Seth's comments. I've never owned a performance car before so I can't comment or have a personal opinion

[Edited on 17-07-2011 by Fad]

You got the context wrong my lovely, bringing ricers into the equation

Why on earth have you got so defensive? Perhaps the context was in having to explain why anyone has done "xyz" to a car? In your case you own a rare classic that purists love...now tell me that you don't have to explain to people why it's something special and sought after?

Surely someone who buys something like that porshe or whatever wouldn't give a fuck or even try explaining why they have sent serious $$$$$ for a car. Same principle applies whether it be a german barge or a French tin.

BarnshaW

18th Jul 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i fail to see what your getting for the money though? an older looking car with what appears to have less spec for more money?
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i get stopped in the street all the time and people ask why i drive a Ford Puma

as soon as i tell them its the greatest FWD car ever made, and that i have a dif, they understand then

DC2.
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 18:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
i fail to see what your getting for the money though? an older looking car with what appears to have less spec for more money?

Horses for courses mate. Same sort of questioning could be aimed at a Shelby GT 500. People would see it as being an old Mustang, when only those in the know would appreciate it.
BarnshaW

18th Jul 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats afair enough, but if your spending 150k plus would it be even cheaper to buy a real old porsche and make it new with all these specs. surely that has more "character" ?
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have a point... But to ask Cosworth to make an engine for you, and build it from the ground up with new electronics won't be cheap either. Could be a case of being easier and quicker to get them to do it? Let's be serious, if you're spending £300,000 on an old Porsche with 450bhp, when you could buy a new one with more for a third of the price, money is no object
BarnshaW

18th Jul 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mer not convinced

imagining audi releasing a new quattro turbo based on the old car, whilst it would be good it would never have the heritage or rawness of an old original model and any "purist" would know the older car has more character and appeal
Eck
Premium Member

18th Jul 11 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate... they are trying to put that into production, and it won't be cheap The point is, clearly there is a market for it because they are in business I think it's fucking stunning, but naturally opinions differ.
SetH

19th Jul 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:
Originally posted by SetH
quote:
Originally posted by Fad
Whoa easy, I was commenting in the context of Seth's comments. I've never owned a performance car before so I can't comment or have a personal opinion

[Edited on 17-07-2011 by Fad]

You got the context wrong my lovely, bringing ricers into the equation

Why on earth have you got so defensive? Perhaps the context was in having to explain why anyone has done "xyz" to a car? In your case you own a rare classic that purists love...now tell me that you don't have to explain to people why it's something special and sought after?

Surely someone who buys something like that porshe or whatever wouldn't give a fuck or even try explaining why they have sent serious $$$$$ for a car. Same principle applies whether it be a german barge or a French tin.

Give me a kiss you little slut XXX
SetH

19th Jul 11 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barnshaw has 1337 hax0r Pwnzed this thread TBH.

/thread

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Singer 911 - featuring Cosworth 23 database queries in 0.0636890 seconds