corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Throttle bodies

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Throttle bodies
corsa-kris

User status: Offline
29th Jul 11 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After much debating over carbs or bodies I've decided to go with throttle bodies now I know jenvey and sbd are the best but I would like ppls opinions on wats best for money ie is there any complete kits out there or a place that cud supply and fit them cheers
gazza808

29th Jul 11 at 06:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sbd aren't the best.
philip2

29th Jul 11 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If didnt mind the drive id suggest my mates doing it, drive in drive out is about 2k for tbs whch last time checked was a good price, and thats with dta ecu and loom made to suit.
Xs

29th Jul 11 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't even state what engine you have. Everyone talks about tbs on here but its mostly dreamers.

£10 says you don't get them.

I had tbs on my corsa, wouldnt bother to be honest. Unless its a track car I'd just put the money you'd spend into a better car. Tb'd corsa b money (done properly) = clio 182 or civic type r money these days.
corsa-kris

29th Jul 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Xs take a look at my other post I have a track prep b with an xe and it's either goin to get carbs or bodies and I bet u £10 I do get them also it's my weekend toy as I have my propa money in my mk4 gsi and also have other cars Hereford doesn't make me a dreamer mate also phillip wot sort o make of kit and wat parts we talking about
gazza808

29th Jul 11 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure the kits phillips on about is dta ecu and jenvey dth bodies which are both good bits of kit,

Keep this in mind I've got a set of at power dth bodies I'm looking to sell for the right price, the top spec ones they do for the xe also.
Bam4d

29th Jul 11 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so ru planning to take up track racing as a full time hobbie? just i cant seem to justify spending all that money on a corsa if it only gets used once in a while if u have the astra? b prepared to be skint haha i gave up auto x cos that got expensive fixing the cars all the time.
broster
Premium Member

29th Jul 11 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have used the AT power stuff alot recently, what engine is it?
Linch

29th Jul 11 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At ones look rather special under the bonnet, supposed to have a smoother air flow than others?
gazza808

29th Jul 11 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup! Mine made 23bhp more peak and had extra 15ftlb of torque through out the mid range on my at powers compared to a mates sbd/jenveys I borrowed.
BeArDy

29th Jul 11 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines on webber alpha complete setup been on there 10 year and never been a problem.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Throttle bodies 23 database queries in 0.0138159 seconds