corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » You go shopping and then this happens...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author You go shopping and then this happens...
.Matt

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 11 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy a locking wheel nut remover from halfords...

These will prob be banned soon if this is or becomes a regular occurrence
sc0ott

2nd Aug 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Correct me if im wrong but if you bought a locking wheel nut kit from say honda, isnt the nut remover the same in every pack?
antnee

2nd Aug 11 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Correct me if im wrong but if you bought a locking wheel nut kit from say honda, isnt the nut remover the same in every pack?

There will be a few different types, but my red ibiza, my a3 and a friends ibiza all had the same style.
Edd

2nd Aug 11 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scum

at least leave it on fucking bricks
alan-g-w

2nd Aug 11 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scoot, I had a set of TSW lockers and lost the key. Saw the exact same set on ebay and thought i'd put a cheeky bid of a tenner in just for the sake of it, ended up going down to the local autokits to see about one of these removal sockets - all they are are impact sockets with a left handed thread in them, so no use to me since the bolts were below the flush. I told the guy in the shop about the set I saw on ebay and was told 100% no chance they'd fit but I ended up winning them for twelve quid or something daft and the key was spot on, I made sure to go in and tell the bullshitter in the shop this.

It'll be the same as with padlocks, there'll be a set amount of batches with certain patterns and they'll be distributed to different places at a guess.
Tom

2nd Aug 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to my old Corsa on my drive. Scumbags.
sc0ott

2nd Aug 11 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was it on CS i read about some guy who stole someones wheels from some jap car and they found them in another town on another car, so they decided to steel them back which resulted in the criminal going to his door with his mates and weapons?
Stuart H

2nd Aug 11 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Was it on CS i read about some guy who stole someones wheels from some jap car and they found them in another town on another car, so they decided to steel them back which resulted in the criminal going to his door with his mates and weapons?

Sure it was , a can remember reading about this as well
Tomm R

2nd Aug 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is shockingly easy to remove locking wheel nuts.

If anyone has used the Halfords remover kit i am sure they will agree with me... they suck balls. no good at all.

The kit which i now have (Cost me £18) has never failed to remove a locking wheel nut in no less than a few minutes. The Kit did cost me a few quid but since i have owned them the amount of bolts i have replaced for people who have lost their keys has paid them off more than once.

I have never had a go at the vauxhall locking nuts though.

I guess the only real way to avoid this happening is to have A tilt sensor thing. Guess i will invest.
Graham88

2nd Aug 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's the thing nowadays, people say why didn't anyone question it but why would you? People get stabbed for the silliest reasons now so 90% of people won't say anything, myself included! Maybe a chat to security about it or if you really thinks it's that dodgy then call the Police? Feel sorry for the fella I'd be gutted if that was me
Tomm R

2nd Aug 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Similar to a tale i know. Happened in essex. Here is what happened having heard first hand from the owner of the wheels...

Guy got some wheels nicked from his garage

A week later they are spotted in a car a few miles away.

The owner of the wheels goes and tows the car away leaving a note for the owner.

The wheel owner removed his wheels and the thief collected his car.

The wheel owner billed the thief for damages to his garage and car with the promise of not contacting the police.

The thief then went to the wheel owners house and threw a tyre iron through his front window.

The wheel owner chased him down the road with a golf club.

The thief ran to the police

The wheel owner got nicked.

If thats the tale you are thinking of it was over on DriftWorks. Ill find the thread in a minute. Thing was the guy that robbed the wheels was also a forum member.
Ian
Site Administrator

2nd Aug 11 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Police will side with whoever it's easiest to side with, which if you're running down the street with a golf club being witnessed by a great many people, won't be you.
sc0ott

2nd Aug 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tomm R, aye thats the one. What was the outcome? Thief get a slap on the arse?
Tomm R

2nd Aug 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well...

The wheel owner got nicked, the thief got nicked.

They both got told that they would both be charged with the same unless they both dropped charges. So charges were dropped.

Funny thing is since then the wheel owner had done over a very large amount of people and done off with thousands of pounds of money that isn't his.
Jay

2nd Aug 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
tbh if i was walking through a car park in the middle of the day and someone was casually removing wheels from a car a would just think it was there car and they were changing a wheel...... or 4. lol

I bought alloys for my Mondeo and changed them in the Mecca Bingo car park down the road cause I lived on a busy main road and had nowhere to do it, come to think of it, no one even looked twice at me.
DERV-POWER

2nd Aug 11 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe have 5 sets of locking wheelnuts might take them an extra few minutes then

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » You go shopping and then this happens... 23 database queries in 0.0130441 seconds