corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stuck... Car Choice's Help!

Poll: Stuck... Car Choice's Help!
  S2000
  VX220

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Stuck... Car Choice's Help!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 11 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's difference with AP1 and AP2

Found a nice 52 reg S2000 but need to test drive one local before make journey darn sarf to see it!

What's to look out for on an S2000?!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
sc0ott

2nd Aug 11 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rear diffs breaking?
Jake

2nd Aug 11 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a lot of women drive them so front enders
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

2nd Aug 11 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does appear to be an awful lot of Cat C / D S2000's kicking about on AT / PH / eBay etc.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Jambo

2nd Aug 11 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They where grp 20 weren't they? I would imagine high repair costs
Nismo

2nd Aug 11 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

AP1 had plastic rear window, also the front breaks seize, the AP2 they upgraded to a glass rear window, different bumpers, bigger wheels different sus, wind defletor and i think a few other bits and bobs, mind you some of those upgrades were found on the AP1 if they were 02 models i think.

Considering i owned one for 5 years i didnt spend much time on the forums as at the time it was all winging old me
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

2nd Aug 11 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Nismo, didn't know what they classed at an AP1 / AP2, all ones I've been looking at have glass rear window.

Is it worth getting a GT for the hard top?

I signed up on S2K forum, lasted about 5mins, bit like TT forum full of cocks.

Was a thread about a secret compartment and 10pages of people saying they can't tell you it's a secret, find it yourself etc.

Nismo

2nd Aug 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never had a hardtop as my roof was down at any given chance, i think they look nice with the hard top on though, mugen hard tops are the best but they are 3K

Yeah the compartment is in the glovebox theres a hidden button that opens another compartment, nothing to major
AndyKent

2nd Aug 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

S2Ki forum is good for the classifieds and maybe trawling up help threads but if you ask any questions prepare to get either jumped on or abused for being an idiot.

Some of the old fuckers on there want shooting
Nismo

2nd Aug 11 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
if you ask any questions prepare to get either jumped on or abused for being an idiot.

Yeah nothing like on here
AndyKent

2nd Aug 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people get decent advice on here

Ish.
CorsAsh

2nd Aug 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Most people get decent advice on here

See my earlier posts...
Nismo

2nd Aug 11 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yours is not advise Ash, it's more a spanner in the works!
Ryan

2nd Aug 11 at 21:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not strictly true about the AP1/AP2 classification.

All UKDM models are reallly AP1, because they are all fitted with the f20c engine, unlike in the US where 04+ cars were fitted with the f22c; hence the AP2 name. The 04+ models in the UK have the same cosmetic changes as the AP2 cars but were never called that. I know it seems stupid and anal but if you post in the UK forum on s2ki calling a facelift car a 'AP2' some of the older members get all pissy etc, so just a heads up on that one.

Cars from 02 are fitted with the glass screen, although the roofs are notoriously crap and wear at various points, behind both shoulders and at the bottom corner near either window. Alot of people patch the insides to prevent wear showing though on the outside and stop tears forming.

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by Ryan]

[Edited on 02-08-2011 by Ryan]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Stuck... Car Choice's Help! 24 database queries in 0.0125711 seconds