corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa Sport X16XE not firing on 2 & 3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport X16XE not firing on 2 & 3
jimbojambojumbo

User status: Offline
1st Aug 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long Story but 4 years ago the wifes corsa water pump broke up and bent the valves i had the head fully reconditioned and bolted it back on and then left it in the garage as i bought her a new car and i was busy with work but recently decided to finish it so put a new water pump timing belt and tensioner etc.all went well and the car eventually started but ran lumpy.

1)I thought that it may be due to the lifters so got it up to temp and turned it off. on checking the plugs number 1 & 4 are sooty but 2 & 3 are wet with signs of wet pistons also if i swap plugs 1 & 4 with 2 & 3 & vice versa they also become wet and the wet ones become sooty so that rules out the plugs.

2)thought maybe the coilpack was breaking down so replaced the coilpack and leads with another one known to be good still the same problem

3)decided to check the compression just to be sure No1=225 No2=230 No3=230 No4=235 so i ruled out compression

can anyone give me some ideas on this as im at my wits end i've been a mechanic for 20 odd years and this is something i've never come across before and i only want to sell the bloody car but would rather sell it running i just do'nt understand why 2 & 3 are not firing.
please someone help me regain my sanity

i have just been told the crank sensor may be the cause and i did take the crank sensor from another corsa we had that kept breaking down i have vauxhall technical ringing me back i will ask them if it could cause that problem.

[Edited on 01-08-2011 by jimbojambojumbo]
fueltech

2nd Aug 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi the drivers in the ECu are comon for going down and over fueling. As fare as i know you carnt get the Ecu fixed. and normaly as a fault code off 200 or injector cercit. and best off gettin a new ecu key and transponder. as i have just found out. hope you fix dean
jimbojambojumbo

3rd Aug 11 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fueltech
hi the drivers in the ECu are comon for going down and over fueling. As fare as i know you carnt get the Ecu fixed. and normaly as a fault code off 200 or injector cercit. and best off gettin a new ecu key and transponder. as i have just found out. hope you fix dean

from what i have been told the ECU can be fixed and its cheaper to fix than replacing but im not sure that's my problem anyway as its running too good on 2 cylinders i have a new crank sensor on the way so once i try that i should be a step closer to finding out.
Mark.W

3rd Aug 11 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds similar to a problem i had and mine turned out to be a loose wire under the top inlet.
jimbojambojumbo

4th Aug 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Sounds similar to a problem i had and mine turned out to be a loose wire under the top inlet.

can you elaborate a little more i.e inlet for what
Mark.W

4th Aug 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The top inlet on top of the engine,i never found which wire it was as my local garage did.

But from what i can remember it was one of the wires that goes into the blue plastic plug under the inlet.
jimbojambojumbo

4th Aug 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
The top inlet on top of the engine,i never found which wire it was as my local garage did.

But from what i can remember it was one of the wires that goes into the blue plastic plug under the inlet.

i was thinking of checking the big blue plug as its got all the wires in it for all the sensors the new crank sensor should be here tomorrow so i will check it out then and let you know

New Poll