corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Resetting ECU for mods?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Resetting ECU for mods?
ak072007

User status: Offline
4th Aug 11 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I've been reading that it is advisable to reset the ECU after light mods such as air induction and exhaust. Supposedly the ECU goes back to factory and can learn, taking into account the new modifications.

However, a mechanic I know and trust tells me this is impossible because all the parameters and sensors are still the same. Basically he tells me it's impossible that the ECU can know I have a new exhaust system and air intake.

Just wondered what people think here? I would like to get a little bit more out of my car if it's actually worth doing.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Aug 11 at 01:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its only a case of disconnecting the battery for an hour

wont hurt either way
ak072007

7th Aug 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can confirm this IS worth doing. my idle revs are alot more settled now. alot smoother drive, not lumpy at all now.

New Poll