corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » alloys + lowering?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author alloys + lowering?
koolkorsa

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 03 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv currently got the 3 spoke 14'' sport alloys. I'm finking of gettin a set of 15's maybe tsw's or somfing. Somefing cheap anyway. I was just wondering will the car look stupid wiv 15's and not lowered? cheers
StuartVRS

22nd Jun 03 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, most people would say yes, it might look silly. However if you intend lowering at a later date id be careful with tsw wheels as they tend not to be a vauxhall friendly offset and this could cause problems when you go to lower it in the future.
koolkorsa

22nd Jun 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

riteo. I dont understand these fings very well. Would puttin 15's on instead of my 14's, make it the amount of visible arch more or less? You understand. i mean would puttin 15's on make lowering more needed than when i had 14;s? its hard to put into words!
StuartVRS

22nd Jun 03 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont worry mate i know what you mean. Going from 14's to 15's wont make a massive difference, it would just mean the car sits slightly higher off the road. The arch gap wont be too much different from as it would be now. When you choose a wheel, try and get it in an offset of ET45 and this should help when you come to lower it later on.
koolkorsa

22nd Jun 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite, thanks guys! ummm, how much would lowering it 40mm cost me?
StuartVRS

22nd Jun 03 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it depends mate, do you want springs or a kit? cheap option is springs.
Try giving Xtreme a quick ring now and see if they can quote you on a good set of 40mm springs for your car.

[Edited on 22-06-2003 by corsaCsxi]
Sparco

22nd Jun 03 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your only putting 15's on they will be exactly the same size as your current wheels just the wheel will be bigger and the trye smaller unless u wanna put bigger tyres on, in which case there will be less arch space cause they'll be bigger overall, look a bit daft though and lowering would me more needed cause car would be higher.

Sparco
Makarus

22nd Jun 03 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are going for 15/16 with 195 tyres then you want as close to ET49 as possible, with ET45 and slightly lower you will still get away with lowering, maybe a little work will need to be done.

17's are a different story but you dont need to know really.

I have TSW Evo R's @ ET45 and dropped 60MM, never get rubbing, even with a full car.
begger

24th Jun 03 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

uuhh. i dont know too much about this sort of thing either BUT i have 15's on my car, without it being lowered and it looks shabby. like a bloody tractor!! Et49 offset and drop the begger at same time as getting wheels if poss!! keep in mind though, that the car will fail the MOT if u only put springs on! When they jak the car up, the springs will dislodge from...uuhh...the thing, and it'll fail! As i'm looking into suspension at the mo, any advice would b greatly appreciated! looking at 30mm bak and 40mm front.
negromuy negro

24th Jun 03 at 01:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got 15īs lowered 50mm (actually tehy drop a lot more) with opm springs in eom dampers, it handles like ehaven in corners but scrubs a lot in speed bumps

New Poll