corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Think my xe is overfuelling?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Think my xe is overfuelling?
Kev86

User status: Offline
4th Sep 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be popping alot when revved then smells of fuel and if you plant your foot down it bogs put if you rev it more gradually its fine? any ideas? cheers.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

4th Sep 11 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got the EML come on?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Dean_W

4th Sep 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like Air Flow Sensor. Try unplugging that see if it makes a difference. If not, i'ts fubarred.
Kev86

4th Sep 11 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The eml was coming on when at higher revs but i changed to a group n ecu and it hasnt since. wil try unplugging the afm and see whats what. it started this after fitting an ashley manifold could the bigger manifold of possibly of fucked the lambda due to more flow???
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

5th Sep 11 at 15:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It could be the manifold but I don't think it will overfuel because of it being bigger unless the lambda or something else has given up the ghost. Try disconnecting the AFM anyway and if an EML light doesn't come on then you might have a fault with the wire to it and then you should be able to get some codes up which should give you a clue

[Edited on 05-09-2011 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

New Poll