corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1991 Mazda MX5 1.6 UK model

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1991 Mazda MX5 1.6 UK model
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Sep 11 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1991 Mazda MX5 1.6 UK model (115bhp version) For Sale with 12 months MOT and 8 months tax - amazing condition

Make - Mazda
Model - MX5
Engine - 1.6 16v
Mileage - 55k
Price - £2000

Location - (same as my profile)
Contact phone number - 07795 202202
Contact email address - david@pow.me.uk

General information -

55k with FSH
2 previous owners!
Recent new hood (2009)
Recent new clutch (2009)
Recent cambelt change & water pump (2008)
Recent new alternator & belt (August 2011)
Recent brake & fluid change (May 2011)
Recent service (April 2011)
Electric Windows
Power Steering

1.6 16v engine (early type so 115bhp) with just 55k on the clock (just 2600 miles a year!) with a full and very comprehensive service history to back up mileage, no shadow of a doubt this is genuine mileage. Manual 5 speed gear box with no noises, new clutch fitted in 2009. The car drives absolutely perfectly, clutch bites half way up the pedal, throttle is nice and tight, no pulling to the left or right, brand new brakes means it stops on a 5 pence piece - I guarantee you will not an MX5 for this price in the same condition.

When I bought the car I had some paintwork done on the car which really sets it off, the car is bright and not faded. It has clear front indicators with silvertek 'orange' bulbs, both headlights pop up quickly and are firm/fixed, no broken bushes. The windscreen is free of chips and cracks. The roof was replaced by the previous owner for a Mk2 hood with a heated rear window (correctly wired with a relay and an original MX5 button with a warning light). The hood has no cracks, splits or holes in. The bootlid has been replaced with an import version with a spoiler and 3rd brake light which is wired in and working. The foglight that 'hangs' off the rear bumper has been removed and relocated to the reverse light on the right hand side (retaining the reverse light on the left) and the hole left smoothed over and painted. The rear has also been debadged and mudflaps are fitted and colour coded. Under the car it is in brilliant condition with only one small amount of welding that I had done to stop it spreading. Many comment that they've never seen an MX5 underneath in such good condition!

15" Rondell wheels with BRAND NEW Toyo Proxy T1Rs fitted, they have done less than 500 miles. The only issues outside I can pick up is the odd stone chip (the car is nearly 21 years old!), the slightly faded wing mirrors and a small dint on the bonnet (which hasn't broken the paint).

Inside the car is also in near-perfect condition, no chunks missing out the dashboard or holes. Everything is screwed together with no rattles or loose/missing pieces of trim. The ONLY issue I can find inside is a tiny tear on the drivers armrest. The car is fitted with electric windows which are not slow to raise/lower. Cables have been replaced on both sides, all runners/cables/motors regreased and refitted. The original gearknob and momo wheel is still fitted. An Alpine radio/CD player is fitted, the front door speakers have been uprated and I have fitted uprated headrest speakers (like what the import models come with - they allow you to listen to the radio with the roof down!). There is a very small subwoofer fitted in the boot which just fills the sound nicely, isn't chavvy and doesn't thump you down the road!! The car has a Toad immobilizer fitted which is insurance approved and comes with two disarming fobs (as does the car come with two keys they fit ALL locks).

I honestly cannot think of any faults this car has, it is a second (weekend) car to me and it starts EVERY time on the button. It has proved to be more reliable than my 2 year old Alfa. Both of the previous owners were enthusiasts and I am an IAM driver. I often see 32-36MPG out of the car and it has been looked after with no expense spared. The car comes with 12 months MOT (actually a little more!) and 8 months tax (which is worth about £150 on it's own). I will not entertain silly offers or swaps but please feel free to contact me with any questions.

Pictures will be uploaded later when I get home.

Ooo I also have a complete Mk2.5 dash conversion that i'll let go with the car for the full asking price

[Edited on 28-09-2011 by pow]

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » 1991 Mazda MX5 1.6 UK model 25 database queries in 0.0095730 seconds