corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » chipped ecu

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author chipped ecu
Mr-SEH

User status: Offline
28th Sep 11 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer i can get them set up take a few hours but thats no prob and erm what do you mean engine knock ?
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When an engine sparks too soon in its cycle it messes with the combustion and fucks things up. Cant really explain...brb
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking

BOOM!!1
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow just read most of that and i dont really want to do it no incase that happens to me!
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant see it happening as a dizzy should advance anywhere near that, thats why their performance aint as good.

Litterally would take someone with a computer about 10 mins to check it.
Mr-SEH

28th Sep 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh il get my mate to sort that out he the vauxhall man and this sounds very good hmm may start looking at gettin it done sooner and will it not be a pig to start on cold mornings?
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1999-99-Yamaha-YZF-R1-R-1-R-1-Carburetors-Carbs-Fuel-/290607903555?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a994b343

Cheap cheap Cheap.

Make a manifold from ally/stainless and connect carbs with silicone hoses.
Gary
Premium Member

28th Sep 11 at 14:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-C20SEH-C20NE-10mm-stainless-steel-manifold-flange-2-0-8V-Opel-Turbo-/320760116784?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aaecaf630

Flange ready mady, just needs some yube welding on.
DAZ1985

29th Sep 11 at 04:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carbs are known for wank cold starts yes, hence needing a choke

[Edited on 29-09-2011 by DAZ1985]
Mr-SEH

29th Sep 11 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea that was my plan to get the plate and get tubes welded on see what angle i need them at and get them bent then some nice hose and boom but im goin to research some people who have run carbs see whats the best to use
Mr-SEH

29th Sep 11 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was just reading a carb thread on png and the kid has it in a nova and he using the old dizzy the long one? would i have to use that and any thing else i need cause there a old nova mk1 at breakers carb model and if i need some bits i can get them off there cause ino the fiesta boys who dont run the mega squirt run the old carb bits of the mk3 fiestas and there fine no power loss pulls like it should no problems ? sorry to be a pain
Mr-SEH

29th Sep 11 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

link
Mr-SEH

29th Sep 11 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/welding-fabrication-painting/449704-2-0-8v-bike-carb-manifold-homebuild.html

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » chipped ecu 23 database queries in 0.3800211 seconds