corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ibiza Cupra Mk3 vs ClioSport 172/182

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ibiza Cupra Mk3 vs ClioSport 172/182
Pridzz

User status: Offline
29th Sep 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at getting either or of these cars, Ive had the 172 before and tbh did enjoy driving it and was a pleasure to own, Spent a small fortune on it but thats Renaults for you!

Wana no what peoples options are, Ive never owned a Turbo car before and going out and driving a few mates boost'ed cars I have quite enjoyed it!

What would you suggest?

Regards Tom
Eck
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In standard form the 172 will win. But with a couple of mods the Ibiza will be quicker. Won't be as cheap to make it handle like the 172 though!
Jambo

29th Sep 11 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't know much about the ibizas. 182 is one of the best cars I've ever driven. Immense fun.
Nath

29th Sep 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a Mk3 Cupra, was a good car. Had it nearly 4 years and it never let me down. Turbo is fun too. Returns low 30's MPG around town, which isn't too shabby.
big eck

29th Sep 11 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I owned my Ibiza cupra when all the rest of my mates owned either 172 cups or the 182. Standard for standard it's pretty close in a straight line and the twists the Clio will have it. I had the full H&R cup suspension on mine a d it helped a lot but still couldnt shake the clios. Once I mapped my cupra it was a different story I had no bother off the line and on the move over the clios but again they came into there own on the corners.
andys sxi
Premium Member

29th Sep 11 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have got a mk 3 Ibiza cupra now, it depends what you want it for straight line speed or for going on track, the Ibiza is pretty quick and with a few mods they can me made alot faster, you can get them pretty cheap now even the mk4 cupra's are coming down in price

April 08 feature car

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ibiza Cupra Mk3 vs ClioSport 172/182 24 database queries in 0.1098740 seconds