corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money budgeting

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Money budgeting
AK

User status: Offline
11th Oct 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as soon as you get paid shift money to other account(s).

Thats what I do.... you forget about it short term, but remember if you really need it.

I'm shite at saving - always have been, always will be

Only time I get do any worth while monthly saving is when I'm saving for somthing (house deposit, new car etc)
AK

11th Oct 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nights out are crackers....

Take £100 out... wake up with £40 in your wallet and think its been a very cheap night

Then a week later all the shitry slow cash machines you have to pay to use come off

DOH
emicen

11th Oct 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

Take £100 out... wake up with £40 in your wallet and think its been a very cheap night

Then a week later all the shitry slow cash machines you have to pay to use come off

DOH

The two dirtiest words in the drunken vocabulary: cash back
Eck
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cash back is fucking horrendous You forget that the reason you're using your card in the first place is because you've spanked your budget in notes already, and it just goes downhill from there
Gareth

11th Oct 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
Originally posted by Gareth
You should be loaded living at home wait till you've got a mortgage and bills to pay!

This, hate the people at work that moan they are skint when they are on the same amount/more but live at their parents

I'm not loaded when i'm a first year apprentice! I wish i'd have started this when i was 16 really, not 20.

But yeah i get what you mean, i'd have no chance of being able to afford to pay a mortgage or bills with my current wage.

Yeah i just based that on the fact you said "good steady income" which could be 30k a year for all i know
Norcy91

11th Oct 11 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
You should be loaded living at home wait till you've got a mortgage and bills to pay!

This, hate the people at work that moan they are skint when they are on the same amount/more but live at their parents

I'm not loaded when i'm a first year apprentice! I wish i'd have started this when i was 16 really, not 20.

But yeah i get what you mean, i'd have no chance of being able to afford to pay a mortgage or bills with my current wage.

Yeah i just based that on the fact you said "good steady income" which could be 30k a year for all i know

Yeah thats true! I wish i got something anywhere near that
Andrew

11th Oct 11 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have major spending issues at the minute Everything I earn gets spent no matter how much overtime I do. Figured no mater what I buy, I'll want something again next month and it just keeps going on like this.

I'm spending £300 a month on weekends out in town - this has to stop as it's doing me no good at all. Two nights out and 5 days ill.
Xs

12th Oct 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
I have major spending issues at the minute Everything I earn gets spent no matter how much overtime I do. Figured no mater what I buy, I'll want something again next month and it just keeps going on like this.

I'm spending £300 a month on weekends out in town - this has to stop as it's doing me no good at all. Two nights out and 5 days ill.

If I could only spend £300 a month on weekends I'd love it, sadly do that a weekend. They should turn off cash machines after midnight on friday and saturdays!
Tom

12th Oct 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK

DOH

I hate that, they are so slow that it can be 4/5 days later depending on what day you did the dirty deed. I never use those cash machines normally, as someone else said cash machines should be switched off after midnight
Jon_C
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:

If I could only spend £300 a month on weekends I'd love it, sadly do that a weekend. They should turn off cash machines after midnight on friday and saturdays!

If you spend 300 quid over the weekend while out on the beer you clearly earn way too much money or really need a new hobby
Nath

12th Oct 11 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
quote:
Originally posted by Xs
quote:

If you spend 300 quid over the weekend while out on the beer you clearly earn way too much money or really need a new hobby

Or a coke problem.
sand-eel

12th Oct 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a money saving bastard...
Instead of paying insurance monthly (usually 30% extra a year) get a savings account and put money in every week/month so when the year is up you will have enough to pay it at once.
If you have credit cards I got one that is only 7.9%APR yes 7.9%...but has no insurance so I took out insurance for £25 that covers that card and all my other card and everyone in the households cards
Eat at home more 1 takeaway could feed you for 2 days maybe.
etc
sand-eel

12th Oct 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get wrecked before you go out to the pub!!!
John

12th Oct 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Money saving so you've got a credit card you need to pay interest on and also paying money for useless insurance
sand-eel

12th Oct 11 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How is it useless if my cards get nicked or I buy from a fraud...I get my money back.
Paul_J

12th Oct 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Money saving so you've got a credit card you need to pay interest on and also paying money for useless insurance

Haha I thought the same
John

12th Oct 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
How is it useless if my cards get nicked or I buy from a fraud...I get my money back.

Like you do as standard you mean?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Money budgeting 23 database queries in 0.0145142 seconds