corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Boxing for charity.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boxing for charity.
jibjob

User status: Offline
16th Oct 11 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not too sure what sort of response i'm aiming for other than possible sponsorship/donations but I thought its worth spreading the word.

Essentially i'm taking part in a charity boxing night on December 17th in Nantwich near Crewe. There will be around 10-20 fights on the night consisting of 3 2min rounds with amateur fighters of all classes and abilities. It is a well organised night with proper rules, a ring, referee, medics, training before hand and the fights will be posted on youtube. Details on the training, videos of previous fights, etc can be found here http://www.funkinfitness.com/ or here http://www.youtube.com/user/funkinfitness

The night is always in aid of a charity and this fight night is in aid of a young lad called Nathan who has cerebral palsy and needs a new wheelchair as he currently only has the one the NHS gave him. His story was covered by a local paper last month http://www.crewechronicle.co.uk/crewe-news/local-crewe-news/2011/09/21/crewe-boy-appeals-for-help-in-living-a-more-independent-life-96135-29456711/
The money raised is going to this charity Newlife who will then in turn give them the money for a new wheelchair which works out about £3400 and any money raised over that amount goes to another local child within the charity.

As with any money raising thing every little helps so if anyone feels they would like to donate any money then i will sort out the official way to do it on tuesday, but also if anyone would like to come and watch on the night tickets are £15.

Like i said at the start i'm not too sure what response i'll get for this but even if one person donates then it helps!

[Edited on 16-10-2011 by jibjob]
jim_r1

17th Oct 11 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate did this last month and won. Good night and cheap beer - £2 a pint if I remember.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Oct 11 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i fight against you?
jibjob

17th Oct 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you do the training you can.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

17th Oct 11 at 13:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont need training im hard

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Boxing for charity. 24 database queries in 0.0127800 seconds