corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sub and Amp

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sub and Amp
PadCorsaB

User status: Offline
18th Oct 11 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys i have a Edge box sub with built in amp and i also have an additional 600w amp whivh id like to run a set of 6x9s off but i dont have a clue how to wire them up as i only have room for one lot of red and wite wires on the back of my head unit also the remote wire. Does anyone have any ideas?
XE Col
Premium Member

18th Oct 11 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just link the second amp from the first?
LeeM

18th Oct 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont bother with 6x9's. decent components with a sub is all you need. you ideally want a headunit with more than one set of pre outs, but you can get a splitter to turn one output into 2
Dom

18th Oct 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean you only have one set of Preouts from your headunit. If the first amp (600w) has preout pass-thru then daisy from that otherwise you'll need to use RCA/Phono Y-Splitters (Like so).
As for the remote connection, just daisy chain from one to the other if it's only going to be a couple of amps (any more and i'd recommend using a relay etc).

Edit - With Lee about the 6x9s though; only time they sound decent is having them boxed.

[Edited on 18-10-2011 by Dom]
PadCorsaB

18th Oct 11 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah my 6x9 are boxed, so your saying if i plug another RCA cable into the output of my 600amp and into the amp/sub it will work? Also what about the remote cable should i just solder them both to the blue/white cable coming out of my head unit?
Dom

18th Oct 11 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends what amp you have but if it has a set of preout pass-thru's then yes it's the simple case of headunit to amp's inputs, amps output/pass-thru to Edge box amp. Otherwise you need use a pair of Y-splitters on the RCAs/Phono's comming out of the headunit.

With the remote just tap it off the first amps remote terminal, wouldn't bother running two remote cables the length of the car. As for cable colouring it depends on the headunit usually it's solid blue but RTFM!

New Poll