corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a stolen car......any rights or what to do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying a stolen car......any rights or what to do?
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Oct 11 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had a 09 plate range rover in recently that had been cloned. Put a 06 plate on it clocked more miles on it. Had a new dash sticker and all the vin plates changed. Scary how well it was done and tbh it would of fooled me. Police luckily pulled it for a bulb out and had suspicions about the guy and got vosa in.

Sorry to hear bout your story. It's scary how well people are doing this.

As for V5C form. Not to long ago a lot of them were stolen from the DVLA and obviously made it into the car cloning world.
M2RTY

29th Oct 11 at 04:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always to a tax check to see of the expiry date online on dvla site matches tax disk, just an extra little check

Plus i always google the reg plate to see of it brings anythin back, had one that was the sellers ebay user id and could see they had bought new wing/bumper for it and not mentioned on their autotrader add

Ive bought a few cars private 10-15k, feel a bit sick knowing that i could get con'd even with hpi checks etc done

On BMWs you can put the vin number in www.realoem.com or ask bmw and they can provide a list pf all the optional extras. If one says sunroof and sat nav and the car your buying has none, an extra way of checking things match up
Sam
Premium Member

29th Oct 11 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's also a website run by Ford where you can type in the reg number and it gives you VIN number/colour/year/options etc.

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do
Ian W

29th Oct 11 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Such a shit situation to be in
donkeykong

29th Oct 11 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really shit mate! cheers for the above links!
SportBoy

29th Oct 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

someone i work with bought a cloned van a few years ago, he had a loan for that ... didnt get a thing back

[Edited on 29-10-2011 by SportBoy]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a stolen car......any rights or what to do? 23 database queries in 0.1240098 seconds