corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drury lane Service station Oldham

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drury lane Service station Oldham
makincorsac

User status: Offline
   3rd Nov 11 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After my car coming back from it's M.O.T somehow with a terrible steering wheel wobble under braking i had the brake discs and pads changed. this did not cure the problem. the steering wheel was not level with the front wheels so BeArDy recommended me to go to drurylane service station to have the wheel alignment and geometry looked at and adjusted. I went down today and i was staggered to say the least at the equipment, service, friendlyness and the value for money i had got.

Because my car is dropped on its arse you can't ever get the alignment right with standard laser tracking. drury lane used this state of the art Hunter DSP 600 imaging system which performs 4 wheel alignment all done from cameras and computers and the car sits on an airbed on a ramp,, to be fair its a bit mindboggling but brilliant and i have it on good authority that porsche use the same system.
aswell as toe in and out it also does camber and caster, and the best bit is its corsa money.

after on my way home the car tracked perfect rode bumps better and the wheel doesnt snag as much under hard acceleration but unfortunatly the problem with the wheel shudder under braking must lie somewhere else..

This place is definatly recommended by myself.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 17:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you got spacers on front?

also did you bed new stuff in properly? sounds like you have pad material transfer on the new stuff

[Edited on 03-11-2011 by Steve]
makincorsac

3rd Nov 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the spacers were taken off at the time of the M.O.T and i dont understand what u mean about bedding and pad material transfer.. please explain in lehmans terms because i could do with getting this sorted as its winding me, beardy, ste and my wallet up LoL
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you bed pads in do several runs each getting progessively quicker with harder braking.

material transfer happens when you have been braking a lot then get to a junction and leave your foot on the brakes so the pads get pressed against the disc and burn an imprint in, this is what causes the judder or more commonly mistakenly called warped discs
makincorsac

3rd Nov 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks steve so i need to do a few runs with progressive harder braking and then keep on the handbrake at the lights..
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might not work if you already have material transfer but you can try it
makincorsac

3rd Nov 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top man cheers
Ben G

3rd Nov 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much discount did you get for bumming them up on a car forum?

With regards to getting a wheel wobble after an mot, did you not bother going back and asking wtf did they do to your car?
makincorsac

3rd Nov 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i did ben but they wont take responsability and yh no discount am just really happy with the service as most places round here are shocking!
Dan295

3rd Nov 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that hunter tracking machie is pretty much standard across the uk buddy, although not sure about an airbed
mattk

3rd Nov 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you work for them to me
joeseth17

3rd Nov 11 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hav you painted your calipers?
sometimes when theyve been painted the pads can stick in the slides so they judder on and off the disks rather than smoothly. i realise youve just had it motd but it might be worth checking your track rod ends and bottom ball joints as they can wobble under braking if there worn out.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drury lane Service station Oldham 23 database queries in 0.0134158 seconds