corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance advice!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance advice!!!!
harrybanks

User status: Offline
7th Nov 11 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, ive got a seat leon cupra 20vt, insured with elephant, got a winter run about i want to insure for 4 months or so, elephant put me straight through to admiral multi car policay and quoted me 2.1k for the leon and 900 for the vectra (2.2 diesel valued at 500)1 I pay much less than 2.1k for the leon anyway!

If I swap the insurance from the seat to the vectra ill have to sorn the leon, but ideally i want to be able to drive both cars when i want to.

I rang endsleigh about a 6 month policy but they said i have to be a fulltime student, which im not.

Woman at elephant warned me that because ive made 4ish changes to my policy that the underwriters are aware of this and will keep an eye out thinking i may be a trader, which im not.

So does anyone know of any sites that i can get 6 months insurance or similar? If not ill change the insurance to the vectra then get questioned again when i change it back to the leon after xmas!

Anyone in the same boat? Help and advice good or bad appreciated
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Nov 11 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only that I'm paying 1100 for two cars with Admiral.

Wouldn't worry about being a classed as a trader, was she suggesting they will refuse to cover you?
shaunmods
Premium Member

7th Nov 11 at 19:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in the same situation atm. Im just going to sorn my corsa and swap the insurance over onto my runaround then change it back and re tax after winter.

This new laws is going to make it a bit of a ball ache having to keep swapping and changing the tax between two cars but it'll be worth it hopefully.
harrybanks

7th Nov 11 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think she was implying that if i carry on making changes then someone will start asking questions, Ive only made 4 car changes in 18 months or so. If i was a car trader I bet they think im doing a shite job!

I know so many people that swap and change cars monthly, what happens when they change policy details?!

[Edited on 07-11-2011 by harrybanks]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
7th Nov 11 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's not much trading, not sure where she's going with that anyway. You would think they'd be keen for it given there's ridiculous fee each time.
harrybanks

7th Nov 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shaun- I think I'll end up sorning the leon and driving the vectra, just wish I could be able to drive the leon for the odd sunny days when the snows cleared
harrybanks

7th Nov 11 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got a quote for the vectra of 720 quid! its a first payment of 170 quid then 60 quid a month after that! I'd be happy with the 60 a month but the first payment is a big blow

[Edited on 07-11-2011 by harrybanks]
AndyCorsaSport

7th Nov 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you fully comp on the Leon? Get someone older to insure the Vectra cheap as, then you can drive it too?? Then you can still use the Leon?
John

7th Nov 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DOB 1990 so won't have driving other cars with elephant.
baza31

7th Nov 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Insurance are absolute wankers . My traders went up from 2600 to 3400 last year because they decided I needed indemnity insurance and a separate liability policy even though I already have public liability insurance . This year my quotes gone up another 300 . Am going to drop my stock price and remove all personal cars except my van . Am still covered for 'motor trade purposes only ' but fuck them I'll say am test driving trying to find a whine if anything was to happen . They most likely wouldn't pay out anyhow as it is now . A mates unit caught fire because of a parked car that got set alight outside his unit and smoke damaged everything inside . He didn't get paid out because the car that caught fire wasn't insured, absolute fucking joke they are.

Basically the only reason insurance is for is so your covered if police pull you I don't think it's worth a shit as they just wriggle out . Sorry not answered ya question just ranting lol
harrybanks

7th Nov 11 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i cant drive others cars on my policy. Limited to my car and my car only.

Did just get a quote third party fire and theft instead of comprehensive, 601 quid instead of 720!
daymoon
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 03:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask about temporary insurance. Bell do it. I insured a 04 mondeo for 24 quid for a week.
dannymccann

8th Nov 11 at 06:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just drive the seat? If anything spend some money undersealing it instead of paying for another car
Fro

8th Nov 11 at 06:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Usually cheaper if you pay it in one lump sum as opposed to installments.
harrybanks

8th Nov 11 at 07:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I already have the other car as it was a cheap impulse buy, I can swap the insurance from the leon to the vectra which will give me more money back, just trying to find insurance so I can drive both when I want.

Ill give bell a ring later and see what they say! Cheers

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance advice!!!! 23 database queries in 0.0105090 seconds