corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another pretty bad crash m56

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Another pretty bad crash m56
XE Col
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Nov 11 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M56 on Preston brook roundabout lorry driver fell off the bridge onto the carriageway

Only the lorry driver died, lucky nobody else really, could have been really bad
taylorboosh

8th Nov 11 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mates dad was in a bad crash on sunday morning there driving his lorry, 2 lorries and 9 cars or something. took 2 hours to cut him out, might lose a leg now
Steve
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw 3 accidents on way home yesterday. On. Motorway not sure what's going on tbh
Adster

8th Nov 11 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
my mates dad was in a bad crash on sunday morning there driving his lorry, 2 lorries and 9 cars or something. took 2 hours to cut him out, might lose a leg now

that was up preston way correct? i was caught up in the traffic.
taylorboosh

8th Nov 11 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes mate
Adster

8th Nov 11 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
Yes mate

Was on my way home from the girlfriends house heading back to leyland on the southbound side. the fog was really bad.
pow
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sudden change in conditions and BMW 1116d drivers in the outside lane attached to peoples bumpers while on the phone
Tom

8th Nov 11 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Preston Brook wasn't it (i.e. nowhere near Preston). If it's where i'm thinking of, it's a bloody big drop and was lucky no-one else was injured.
mwg

8th Nov 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

8th Nov 11 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Sudden change in conditions and BMW 1116d drivers in the outside lane attached to peoples bumpers while on the phone

Bingo.
andys sxi
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it was Preston brook near the turn Off for Warrington , Runcorn and frodsham, as you said lucky no one else was hurt

April 08 feature car
Ojc

8th Nov 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt it amazing how everyone sees the same thing on our roads I.e twats in BMWs driving like cunts
mwg

8th Nov 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All makes of cars have twat drivers. Think BMW, Audi etc. just stand out more to people cos people are jealous of the cars they have.

Mondeo drivers are just as bad but no one cares or notices as much cos its just a Mondeo.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

8th Nov 11 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heard there was one on the M6 last night too, between j12 & 13, apparently a few trucks and a few cars, massive fireball etc.

This morning has been ok upto now apart from a horse on the M60
Rob E

8th Nov 11 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think a lot of motorway accidents could be reduced if everyone actually learnt how to use the motorway instead of sitting in the middle lane for their entire journey. They don't realise the trouble they cause . When I drove on the continent through France and Belgium, I was amazed at how well they use their motorways, no one sat in the incorrect lanes and the flow of traffic when congested was far greater than the equivalent in the UK
John

8th Nov 11 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up in Scotland the motorway was shut because some nutcase cut some high voltage electricity cables under a bridge and caused a fire.
Nick-S

8th Nov 11 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was stuck in the traffic from that for around 2 hours.

Poor guy
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
8th Nov 11 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed it on the way to that CS meet on Sunday, lack of lane discipline, too close to the car in front, changes of speed all over the place.

The Americans have it sorted, join and knock on the cruise for hundreds of miles. In the UK you'll be lucky to stay at the same speed for more than about a minute.
Ian W

8th Nov 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work just off the next junction to that crash, big drop down but the driver must of been giving it some round the roundabout.

Main problem with our motorways is that you try to be safe and leave a gap between you and the car in front and then someone just see's it as an opening and pulls in.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Another pretty bad crash m56 24 database queries in 0.0165379 seconds