corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cardio

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cardio
Tom G

User status: Offline
11th Nov 11 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What forms of Cardio do people find most beneficial? Also how do you fit these in to your day? e.g. Morning run etc.

I find it hard to commit 2 hours a night to the gym recently, due to seeing the GF and studying part time. Even tried to get the GF running to kill two birds with one stone!

Been doing a lot of strength training over the past 3 months till i tore my rotary cuff in my shoulder in the gym, so having to lay off things

The gym was so much easier when i was single, seriously Easier to isolate yourself

I'm sure Jake will have some input on the gym and women....
Jill
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 10:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find personally cardio is best for me in the morning BUT during the week unless I get up at 5am to go running I can't get to the gym to do any training/cardio until after work. I like doing interval training at the gym to and if you have a stopwatch timer a bit of tabata training too.

For interval training I use my HR monitor and then you can see that you are actually working to a maximum HR during the high bits of the interval and then recovering during the low bits (as it's easy to be lazy and not work as hard as you think you are). Interval training is great as it increases your stamina and improves recovery times.

For tabata training I do 20seconds very hard high intensity stuff and then 10 seconds recovery not doing anything (mainly on the rower but also can do it with other things). And repeat seven further times (so in total a set of eight). If you do lots of things eg: tricep dips, bench press as well as cardio you can set yourself up a little circuit in the gym and do the circuit three times.

I don't think there's a set time to do cardio although if I do go running in the morning I have more energy throughout the day and feel like I can go to the gym in the evening.

I agree with you about the gym being easier when you are single! Although Niall joined a gym in March so it's easier now so we both tend to go to the gym on the same evenings. He hates running but now comes out with me running and him on his bike, so that's good
Laney

11th Nov 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tabata anything is hell on earth, fair play for crushing it on a rower!

Nothing hurts (or is as effective) as hill sprints in my opinion. Sprint up, walk down - repeat 10 times.
Jill
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aw Laney hill sprints is hell on earth for me! On this new route I do when running it involves two hills and when Niall is with me on his bike I have him shouting at me to go faster the bastid!

[Edited on 11-11-2011 by Jill]
Laney

11th Nov 11 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jill
Aw Laney hill sprints is hell on earth for me! On this new route I do when runnig it involves two hills and when Niall is with he on his bike I have him shouting at me to go faster the bastid!

I'd suggest you push him up the hill on his bike but I'm guessing that wouldn't go down well
Tom G

11th Nov 11 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
Tabata anything is hell on earth, fair play for crushing it on a rower!

Nothing hurts (or is as effective) as hill sprints in my opinion. Sprint up, walk down - repeat 10 times.

What type of hill would you use?Been talkin about doing them but never got around to doing it...

Got a very steep hill, approx 100m

Medium hill(goes from very steep to medium towards the end), approx 400m

Then another hill not as steep as the rest but constant, approx 400m again...

[Edited on 11-11-2011 by Tom G]
Jill
Premium Member

11th Nov 11 at 12:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Laney
quote:
Originally posted by Jill
Aw Laney hill sprints is hell on earth for me! On this new route I do when running it involves two hills and when Niall is with me on his bike I have him shouting at me to go faster the bastid!

I'd suggest you push him up the hill on his bike but I'm guessing that wouldn't go down well

Good idea
Laney

11th Nov 11 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G

What type of hill would you use?Been talkin about doing them but never got around to doing it...

Got a very steep hill, approx 100m

Medium hill(goes from very steep to medium towards the end), approx 400m

Then another hill not as steep as the rest but constant, approx 400-500m again...

Personally I'd pick the 100m hill as I'd want it to be pretty intense. You could try 4 x 400m with your lap time as rest (so, run 400 in 1m30s, then rest for 1m30s ...)

Get on the 100m hill and don't give up til you've done 10 rounds. Make sure you stretch after - the DOMs can be crippling!
Tom G

11th Nov 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give it a whirl either saturday or Sunday and get back to here

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Cardio 24 database queries in 0.0079279 seconds