corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Faulty goods postage costs (where do I stand?)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Faulty goods postage costs (where do I stand?)
Aaron

User status: Offline
20th Nov 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I travelled 75 miles to buy a new nitro car yesterday, however, when I went to give it it's first run this morning, it developed an electrical fault (smoke coming out of one of the components) straight away.

I'd have usually bought it online, but, because the shop wasn't miles and miles away, and because I wanted to speak to the staff to get some tips on nitro engine upkeep, I decided to take a drive.

I've e mailed the shop to tell them of the fault, however, I've only just thought of the prospect of the shop coming back to me to say "you have to pay for postage". If I'd have bought it online, there would be no question that the shop would have to pay for postage, but, I'm a bit unsure about this situation.

Anyone in the know?
Sam
Premium Member

20th Nov 11 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty certain you can only get them to reimburse you for return P&P if it was bought online/by mail order.

If you bought it in person, you'll need to return it in person or cover the cost of return P&P yourself.
Ben G

20th Nov 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they will reimburse the postage costs once theyve received the item i would imagine
Aaron

20th Nov 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Dammit. Oh well, looks like I'll be taking the hit for postage.

If this is indeed the case, does anyone have any courier recommendations? The box is about the size of a regular sized kitchen microwave (but not quite as high)....not too sure on the weight.
Aaron

20th Nov 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope so Ben. Will find out tomorrow I guess. I was recommended this company by a friend, due to their customer service, so, I'm hoping that they recognise that I would have been an e-commerce customer had I not wanted to get some face to face advice.
Ian
Site Administrator

20th Nov 11 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Courier list is topped in Classifieds - http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=575006
Aaron

20th Nov 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice edit

I was just about to reply to say that I didn't quite agree
Aaron

21st Nov 11 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The company are paying for the postage. Just in case anyone searches for a post like this in the future, when in a similar situation to this. I'm nice like that
Sam
Premium Member

21st Nov 11 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm guessing they are doing this as a goodwill gesture rather having to do it by law TBH, as I said you bought the item in person not via mail order so distance selling regulations don't really come into it IMO.

But good to know they are sorting your postage out anyway.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Faulty goods postage costs (where do I stand?) 23 database queries in 0.0091949 seconds