corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alarm systems - product reviews/recommendations please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alarm systems - product reviews/recommendations please
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Dec 11 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As title really, what with all the things i'm doing/have planned for the corsa, ideally i'd like to up the protection/preventative measures on it. Ideally after something that'll do the job, nothing too expensive or fancy. I've always heard good things about the Toad alarms? Also, fitting; ball ache to do or easy enough to DIY it? What have you and what features do they have peeps?

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

12th Dec 11 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my alarm of eBay. Only cost £20 but does the job.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Paul W
Premium Member

12th Dec 11 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What features has it got Dan? Just standard alarm/central locking?

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

12th Dec 11 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea it's just got them.

But if you want more features obviously they'll get dearer.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Dec 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a Clifford thing in mine forgotten the model but it's got a sensor that sits by the hand brake that's a proximity sensor. Beeps when people get too close was fairly straight forward to fit. Has boot popper and unlocks the doors by moving the standard mechanism.

Also has 2 more buttons that you can trigger to set off what else you want although I haven't used them will find the model number if you are interested

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Paul W
Premium Member

12th Dec 11 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That sounds good, if you could please Darryl. Just weighing up my options at the minute, hence getting peoples opinions

Darryl H
Premium Member

12th Dec 11 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clifford-alarm-G5-intelliguard-950-kit-/140661068077?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Safety_Security&hash=item20c00d912d#ht_500wt_922

Fairly sure that's mine there

Paul W
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RRP £500 odd, that's a fair old whack . The Toad alarms are cheaper than that aren't they?

Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toad alarms are cheaper than Clifford Paul, think that sparky I used can supply and fit them. Might be worth getting a quote?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
flybikeslee

13th Dec 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a toad ai606 (iirc) on the civic. autoclose windows, remote, level sensors, was about £250 fitted
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clifford Concept 650 I had on mine with all features added, be an old system now but was worth the money!

Get one with proximity sensors whatever you get!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Paul_JC

13th Dec 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a clifford on my old corsa but if i was to get one fitted in future in would probably be a toad
Fro

13th Dec 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an ai606 on two cars a few years back, very good alarm no false alarms /issues etc only time it went off was when some gimp smashed my window to nick my stereo.
Paul W
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 15:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£250 doesn't sound too bad. Definitely looking at prox sensor stuff. Sounds like the ai606 is a pretty decent option tbh, having something that goes off randomly isn't something anyone in my street would like

Paul_JC

13th Dec 11 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres a guy on another forum im on who deals with toad alot and fits them etc. want me to give him a shout for pricing one up for you mate?
Paul W
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah that'd be good Paul, is he local? I'll have a word with the sparky that dan used too, see if there's any difference.

Am i right in thinking it'd be better to have an alarm fitted after an engine conversion or would it make no difference if it's fitted before?

AlexW

13th Dec 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won't really go into the engine wiring other than the fuel pump imob circuit which if done correctly would be on the car side.

I fit alarms and I hate prox sensors as a lot of them only allow a few times before going off which gets annoying, but thats my opinion.

Fitting, as long as you have a good idea you can do it but beware you wont be able to declare this to your insurance unless its fitted by a pro with a certificate.

Most people don't want to spend bugger all so unless requested we fit Gemini or Cobra, Cheap but are thatcham approved and have the normal features.

If you decide to go ahead and do it yourself, you could get it checked after by a pro, If you need any help give us a shout.
Generation

13th Dec 11 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toad a1606 been faultless was installed by a mate, and not ha a single issue
Paul W
Premium Member

13th Dec 11 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, that's good then, i'm gonna be looking into sourcing an engine in the not too distant future.

Is there any way to disable prox sensors, for example when at shows etc, obviously having people wandering around the car and looking in would set them off?

If i fitted it myself and then had it checked by a pro would it be declarable to insurance then? Or just easier to have it installed straight off?

What would you recommend Alex?

Sorry for all the questions peeps but i just wanna do my research :thumb

AlexW

13th Dec 11 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been a while since I've messed about with alarms with prox sensors so can't say for sure but you should be able to change how sensitive it is at least, If not turn it off for a while.

Yeah if a pro can check it, do a certificate for it, insurance company would be happy with that. Some insurance companies ask for the certificate when you take out insurance, others will ask for it in the event of a claim, some never ask for it.

If you already know about a Toad etc, Go for one of those.
Paul_JC

13th Dec 11 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my old clifford you could turn off the proxy sensors, and i think alot of the current ones are the same.
spikedjack

14th Dec 11 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

toad ai606 is what i've recently fitted and cant fault it
Phil W

14th Dec 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Toad Ai606 never did me wrong, costs about £210 fitted.

[Edited on 14-12-2011 by Phil W]
Darryl H
Premium Member

14th Dec 11 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_JC
my old clifford you could turn off the proxy sensors, and i think alot of the current ones are the same.

Yeah I've done this to mine because it gets annoying

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alarm systems - product reviews/recommendations please 24 database queries in 0.1615531 seconds