corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » mounting fixed back bucket seats on corsa b rails?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mounting fixed back bucket seats on corsa b rails?
birchieboy

User status: Offline
19th Dec 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As title, who has got side mount fixed back bucket seats on corsa b rails? How have you mounted them? I picked up a pair of rails and the drivers seat is hieght adjustable which I would like to keep to get the best driving postition

James
Robo C20Let

19th Dec 11 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had to do this with my old corsa, was a right ball ache i cut out the corsa rails and welded two steel plates between them then bolted the side mounts onto them plates
dewismotorsport

19th Dec 11 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh to get the best driving position you want to scap the standard seat rails and weld in your own as the standard seat doesn't sit you behind the steering wheel perfectly either i'm in the middle of doing it in my build thread. also thats a lot of extra weight tbh
birchieboy

19th Dec 11 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robo C20Let
i had to do this with my old corsa, was a right ball ache i cut out the corsa rails and welded two steel plates between them then bolted the side mounts onto them plates

Have you got any pictures of it?
birchieboy

19th Dec 11 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dewismotorsport
tbh to get the best driving position you want to scap the standard seat rails and weld in your own as the standard seat doesn't sit you behind the steering wheel perfectly either i'm in the middle of doing it in my build thread. also thats a lot of extra weight tbh

Yeah It is a lot of weight, but I'm planning on doing a few rounds of trackday trophey next year and my 2nd driver is a lot taller than me, so will need to move the seat back during pit stops. Hence why I want to keep the standard rails
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
20th Dec 11 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you allowed to have them mounted like that?

Check the regs to ensure you don't need them more firmly fixed.
corsadonk
Premium Member

20th Dec 11 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buckets mount on the normal subframe will make you sit too high, I'd say you'll need to reach, and your mate will need to be a bit cramped.

You'll need the seat low as poss.

New Poll