corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Flashguns

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flashguns
blebo

User status: Offline
28th Dec 11 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi,

Only got my first DSLR a few weeks ago its a canon 1100d. I wish to buy a flash for it as I don't like the harshness of the pop up flash. I would like to cover all the bases with the flash as in the future I want to explore various elements of photography including studio work. I also need to keep the camera user friendly so the wife can point and shoot in auto mode.

I am thereofre thinking about buying the Jessops 360 AFD as this has TTL support so the camera will still be point and shoot?

When I then start dabbling in studio stuff etc. Is it just a case of buying some Yongnuo 460's and using them in slave mode to blow backgrounds etc?

I am trying to keep this simple and cost effective as we have a baby on the way who will be my test subject for a lot of my projects so I dont want to waste money by getting things wrong. I also dont want mum missing vital points in life cause the camera isnt point and shoot either..

I hope the above makes sense as I think I am right
Tiger

28th Dec 11 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Windowlight is a much nicer light in all fairness, flash is just more controllable.

Buy a flash for your camera that does TTL and buy a hotshoe extension and basically just hold the flash off camera when you take the shots, amazing the difference it'll make.
Rob E

29th Dec 11 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a Jessops 360afd that I use with my 400D, it supports E-TTL and does a very good job. It also allows you to get a lot more creative and move the flash off camera, bounce the flash off walls and ceilings and set it up manually for different lighting effects. I would post some of my photos taken with flash but im on my phone at the moment

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Flashguns 24 database queries in 0.0095239 seconds