corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars & Coffee Christmas Eve Edition!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cars & Coffee Christmas Eve Edition!
SVT2888

User status: Offline
29th Dec 11 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmakwanzaka! Whatever you want to call it, it was international spend too much, eat too much and maybe drink too much day!

What better gift to give to your friends and family visiting from afar than to take them to Cars & Coffee so that they too may enjoy one of the best and most eclectic car shows in the world. Even with the freezing California morning, it was 38F, people came in drones to enjoy some great automobiles.

The first great car to be spotted was a 1 of 1 1952 Ferrari 212 body by Ghia, which was a former Geneva show car. It had not been seen for decades and was thought to be lost. However, as luck would have it the car was found by a picker at an estate sale in Michigan just a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, the car had been sitting in a barn devoid of its Ferrari power plant, having long ago been replaced by a Chevy Tri-power unit. The car is in poor condition, but will soon be re-united with a Ferrari heart and restored to it's former glory. Someone has seen its cries for help and has decided to save it.

But this 1 of 1 Ferrari wasn't the only special automobile present. This is Cars & Coffee, Irvine after-all! There was also a 1967 MGC GTS which was described as being 1 of 2 lightweight MGC GTS's to ever be produced. Then there was the Pontiac G8 which had apparently been converted to UTE guise. There where two Fisker Karma's present as well as a rear engine Austin Cooper S.

Last but not least one of the most crowd pleasing automobiles to show was a BMW M1 in racing guise. It was late to the show, but better late than never. I couldn't draw my self away from it. It's AWESOMENESS had no bounds! I felt like a pre-teen at a Justin Bieber autograph signing. I couldn't stop staring at it! I wanted to touch it! But I settled for the next best thing...taking countless pics of it like a paparazzi.

Nevertheless, here are this week's picks of the pics:

There are waaaaaaaaaay more pics to choose from at CNCpics.com

Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/cncpis to get live updates from Cars & Coffee as well as daily automotive content.

Thanks,

-Leo
John John

29th Dec 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M1
Nath

29th Dec 11 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roundels on that M1 are nice.
daymoon
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 15:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to move to America just cos of the cars they have
--ToM--

29th Dec 11 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the ferrari 212 ghia is awesome looks like a right little project engine in the back of the pick up is similar to the 330 and 275 engine etc im rebuilding one at the moment for a 275 restoration we are doing, finds like that are great my boss recently bought a ferrari dino which was the original one they used for the launch of the dino at the earls court motor show in the 60s similar story to the 212 it dissapeared for over 40 years he tracked it down to barbados it had been left in a shipping container for over 40 years submitted to harsh temeratures soon to be put back into its former glory also!!

great piks love these threads
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 17:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's with the 996 turbo front. Is it a bra?

Also that Ferrari hatchback is a tasty motor.

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
mike56gte

29th Dec 11 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M1 mega
big eck

29th Dec 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the hell is this???

http://www.cncpics.com/2011/December-2011/Cars-and-Coffee-Christmas-Eve/20736301_RLmnP3#1645564387_wrfR7P3-A-LB
Tomnova16
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like a dodgy Ferrari 400 lol

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
LeeM

29th Dec 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
M1 mega

Spoilers ridiculous. No doubt it's functional and rare so mega cool, but it looks daft
3CorsaMeal

29th Dec 11 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody love the countachs
SVT2888

29th Dec 11 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
What the hell is this???

http://www.cncpics.com/2011/December-2011/Cars-and-Coffee-Christmas-Eve/20736301_RLmnP3#1645564387_wrfR7P3-A-LB

Rebodied 914
Ricky352

30th Dec 11 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some motors, wish I could be there.
mike56gte

30th Dec 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
M1 mega

Spoilers ridiculous. No doubt it's functional and rare so mega cool, but it looks daft

tbh the rear end shot of it makes it look alot bigger than it actually is. seen one in the flesh and it all looks in proportion tbh.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Cars & Coffee Christmas Eve Edition! 24 database queries in 0.0436900 seconds