corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wireless setup help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wireless setup help
Rob_Corsa

User status: Offline
   8th Jan 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to setup my girlfriends laptop to connect to a router they use at home. The problem is i cant find the password key i need to type when joining the network. They have 1 PC conected wirelessly already which allows me to access the wireless config page which is where I thought i'd find the key but its not obvious to me which on I should be using?

Its a Cisco EPC2425 router

Heres a photo of teh setup page;

[Edited on 08-01-2012 by Rob_Corsa]
Aaron

8th Jan 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Copy and pasting all those **** symbols into the wireless password box on the laptop you want to join MIGHT work, although, it probably wont (so dont get your hopes up)

I've done this with a Linksys router in the past, which are made by Cisco.
Rob_Corsa

8th Jan 12 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I counted the ****'s earlier and there was 100!!! So we tried typing 100 of them in when asked for the key on the laptop we are trying to join up, it wouldnt let us type anywhere near that amount.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there may be an application that will un * the password but unlikly. as you only have 1 pc connected at the moment i would reset the wireless password and setup the desktop and laptop with the new password.
DaveyLC

8th Jan 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its got WPS.. Enable it then there should be a button on the router that you push to add new devices then you add the device and enter the pin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Setup

Or the other simple option would be to change the WPA key on that screen and reconfigure on all devices.
Dom

8th Jan 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use this, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html, on the computer that is already connected via Wifi; will show you Hex and Ascii versions of the key.
John

8th Jan 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or just change the key if it's only 1 other device connected.
Rob_Corsa

8th Jan 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so if I delete whats written next to WPA PRE Shared key, type something new in and then use the new code when conecting to this router? Just dont wanna screw it up for them changing things, im far from a pro at this.

Thanks for the replies.
Toby
Premium Member

8th Jan 12 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just change the password to one you want and sorted, will need to enter new password on current connected device but that's it and easy

New Poll