corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how do i remove the clear plastic which covers the speedo to fit chrome rings

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how do i remove the clear plastic which covers the speedo to fit chrome rings
t1

User status: Offline
11th Jan 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do i remove the clear plastic which covers the speedo to fit chrome rings, i removed the cover via the 4 clips but the larger rings wont fit from behind i need to remove the front clear plastic cover but it seems bonded and brittle, any easy way of removing it
ed

11th Jan 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help Zone is here: http://c20xe.co.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?fid=1

But, the clear plastic is vaguely welded onto the dark casing so you can very carefully prise it away. It cracks easily so you have to slowly break the welds with a fine flat screwdriver, you'll find that as you prise it away it becomes easier. Just be careful with it when you first start.
corsa-torque

11th Jan 12 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get yourself a hair dryer and craft knife, heat around the edge a bit a time, get it really hot, then scrape the knife along the edge and the plastic welds should start to seperate.
Take your time... That's best advice I can give you.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how do i remove the clear plastic which covers the speedo to fit chrome rings 23 database queries in 0.0084991 seconds