corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » credit rating/ credit cards...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author credit rating/ credit cards...
gazza808

User status: Offline
16th Jan 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently I applied for a credit card, as I have quite a few abroad work trips and a holiday in florida coming up,
So basically just wanted one for back up,

Applied and got refused.
Weird thing is I did it with my current bank holder which I had one with till about 12months ago,
But it got closed cause I never used it,
So I though I'll check my credit rating, and it's like 580 odd irc. And that pretty pants?
I have no idea why? Never been in debt, always paid everything on time?

Any advice how I can improve it?
And why it's crap? :/

Sightly annoyed If I'm honest.
spencer88

16th Jan 12 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a phone contract and a basic credit card, something like Capital One, but PAY IT OFF FULLY every month as the interest will be sky high.

Having no credit means you have no credit rating.
Russ

16th Jan 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would they give you one if they cant make money off you?
gazza808

16th Jan 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a phone contract, I've had a credit card in the past, paid for stuff like insurance before monthly etc, so I should have some sort of credit rating?
spencer88

16th Jan 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but very basic and poor. as Russ said, the companies want to make money. I had a credit card I did not use and the rating never went up, the one I use and not always pay off in full, limit keeps going up.
Mertin

16th Jan 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is your electoral register info up to date? I was refused a credit card before and once I was registered to my current address I got one no bother
gazza808

16th Jan 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see I see,
I guess I was probably aiming my sights abit high on the card I was applying for then lol!
gazza808

16th Jan 12 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well this also may be my problem, as I moved 6 months ago, so I'm on two electoral roles, as the last one hasn't been amended yet.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apply for somewhere like Tesco. Sometimes you need a couple of goes. Each bank has a different criteria.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Experian will tell you about your address history makes it easier to apply I found. I had the same worry with my home move/electoral roll info.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
gazza808

16th Jan 12 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys, I'll have a gander and will give it another go in a week or so with some one else, have registered on experian just waiting for the thing through the post, guess I'll have to build it up lol, the amount I'll use it I don't think the higher interest will make too much difference, as either me or work will pay it off when I get home.
ed

16th Jan 12 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't apply for anything until you've checked for mistakes on your file. Check which rating agency the company uses and sign up for that, the most common ones are Experian and Equifax.
gazza808

16th Jan 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've done that,
I checked one, callcredit, just waiting for my experian registration,
All looked ok on call credit, but my bank hadn't checked that one so must have been experian,
We shall see I guess, I won't be applying till I know all as well, as applying and being refused isn't too good either.
Mertin

16th Jan 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had changed my address with the council for a flat I was renting and for council tax, 6 months later moved back home and had totally forgot that I would be down on the electoral role for the other address yet everything else was for my home address. Just takes a phone call, they send out a form and send it back and its sorted
Generation

16th Jan 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got one to use mainly for petrol, Pay off each month and rating is getting built, without me ever really spending much on it.
Loads of way to improve your ratings, just got to be smart and play this system when possible,
Skylined

16th Jan 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask you bank about it.

I got rejected originally because i didn't have much of a credit rating, but argued that how could i get one if they didn't give me any credit.

The person I spoke to appealed it and I got a card through, also got the rejected application removed from my credit history because it damages it everytime you get rejected
Toby
Premium Member

16th Jan 12 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Built ny brothers credit from 530 to 940 in 5 months so I could get him on my.mortgage.
Got his phone in his name.
Got him on the correct address on the electoral register
Then got him a current account with £100 overdraft.
Then got a sky high interest capital one credit card.
Card started with 200 limit. Maxed it every month and paid it off, they uped the limit and its now 1k.

He's only 18 and application for him.to get on my mortgage has been accepted.
gazza808

16th Jan 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh all good advice, I'll be ringing them/going in and having a chat see if they can tell me why, see if can get an appeal going, as I can't see what's changed, my last credit card(3k limit) they basically threw at me, and I get calls every other month saying they can offer me up to a 10k loan,
This is why it threw me abit I guess.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » credit rating/ credit cards... 24 database queries in 0.3520970 seconds