corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drift car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drift car
Rob E

User status: Offline
17th Jan 12 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

supercharged/turbo mx5. the whole chassis geometry is adjustable out the box and there so easy to setup. A Forced induction mx5 wont loose any money either. Mine has a basic supercharged setup, around 170ish BHP and I can easilly get the arse out
WATSON

18th Jan 12 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stay clear of an s13 unless its running an sr20 the ca18 engines dont last that long. could pick up a s14 with an sr20 for around 1500 these days.

theres a few r32 gtst on skylineowners around the 2k mark too.

head over to trampdrift there all bmw daft will find out anything and everything that you need to know about bmw.
donkeykong

18th Jan 12 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought my P reg BMW E36 318is, 140ps, more than enough for drifting in the wet. i bought a welded diff for £50 so i can replace the old one when selling if need be. all for the nice total of £570 with tax and test till august 2012 (bought in november) 142k on the clock and doesnt miss a beat!

Full leathers (great condition) air-con/dual climate control, electrics everything! and love every moment of it!

316, i reckon you may struggle with power, but a 318 compact ti is also a 140ps engine!

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by donkeykong]

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by donkeykong]
P1CK4D

18th Jan 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as above really except I bought my 318is for £400 £50 welded diff and its good to go. Lots of fun and the 140bhp engine has plenty of poke in the damp/wet
pow
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love E36's

Mate has a 328i MSPORT that has the diff, goes sideways a treat.
Robin
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry about an LSD. Just get the welder out.
Chris x

18th Jan 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely it jumps all over the show going round corners in the dry with a welded diff?
P1CK4D

18th Jan 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
Surely it jumps all over the show going round corners in the dry with a welded diff?

Nope. At very slow speeds while turning you can hear the inside wheel skipping, but thats it. Hasn't made a real difference to me, unless im pushing it, then obviously it'll step out, which is what he wants anyway
Robin
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. If its not being used on the road a lot, it's a lot cheaper than a decent LSD and better than a crap standard fit LSD

[Edited on 18-01-2012 by Robin]
Chris x

18th Jan 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, a few mates have welded diffs in there SJ's for off roading, they jump all over the show on full lock on the mud! (they are trailered there though)
broster
Premium Member

18th Jan 12 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of decent bmw related v8's:

http://pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=47&t=1095810&mid=171173&nmt=1st+Real+Project%3A+E30+BMW+4%2E0+V8

and this one really does it for me!:

e39 m5 engine in an e30m3, no overall pics sadly

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Drift car 23 database queries in 0.0143661 seconds