corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate Q

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Private plate Q
Jambo

User status: Offline
19th Jan 12 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recieved my retention extenion reminder today and thought I should apply my reg to the car as i have hads it 6months and not been arsed to do it yet.

Question is a simple one, do i have to pay the £80? On my V778 is has in huge letters ASSIGNMENT FEE ALREADY PAID
But the instructions on the back say i should send £80 cheque. IIRC i paid money to have it removed off the Clio so was the the fee to assign it to a car?

:confused:
Colin

19th Jan 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fee's been paid so long as it doesnt go over the 12months retention.
Jambo

19th Jan 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SO i send off the forms and they let me put it on the car for £0?
Colin

19th Jan 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually just drive to the DVLA cantre with the plates made up & all the forms, tell them ive got them ready & they do it there & then & then just change over the plates in the car park.
Jambo

19th Jan 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dvla office is miles away! Not fussed on waiting as my plates are somewhere in the garage I'm not sure where

Colin

19th Jan 12 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well then
John

19th Jan 12 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its on retention fee is already paid.
Jon_C
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always thought that you need an old nova just to put your private plate on
Jambo

19th Jan 12 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or Astra

Tis sorta my surname though which looks like it if you know me, means not if you don't. Like it that way
jono22

19th Jan 12 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But even if you get it done at the local dvla office you still cant drive it legally with the new plate in place until you at least get the replacment tax disc, saying that Swansea are normally very quick in sending everything out, think last time everything was back in about a week ??!!
Graeme
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 23:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did it about 4 days before chrisas break up for work and they got it back to me that Friday before so there pretty quick issuing the tax disc and mot. Just the v5c can take a few weeks
Fro

20th Jan 12 at 07:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jono22
But even if you get it done at the local dvla office you still cant drive it legally with the new plate in place until you at least get the replacment tax disc, saying that Swansea are normally very quick in sending everything out, think last time everything was back in about a week ??!!

If you go to the local office to do it you can put the plates on straight after as they issue you with the new tax disc and MOT.

If you do it by post you have to wait for the confirmation and tax disc, log book usually comes a week or so later.

Jambo, when you put it on retention you already paid the transfer fee in the price (retention doc 25, transfer fee 80 = 105 you should have paid )

Just about to send mine off today. 7th time ill be putting it on a car :lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Private plate Q 23 database queries in 0.0122681 seconds