corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Couriering a bonnet

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Couriering a bonnet
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jan 12 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any decent companies? Or is it just pointless to even consider doing? Obviously i don't want it to turn up smashed to shit. Any ideas? Cheers peeps

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Graeme
Premium Member

25th Jan 12 at 10:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No point really. It will get damaged. If its for a corsa there is loades about so will get one local.
Paul W
Premium Member

25th Jan 12 at 10:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really any local extended ones for sale about though Graeme, that's why i'm wanting it, cos it looks like a mint one. Only problem is getting it here un-damaged it seems.

ed

25th Jan 12 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used Parcel2Go (via DHL IIRC) when I sold my old bonnet to someone on here - didn't have any complaints from him so I can only assume it arrived safely. I just made sure all the edges were covered with foam and wrapped it fully in bubble wrap.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

25th Jan 12 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Road trip to pick it up? Someone else not from up that way come down here for work? Or failing that like ed said see if he'll wrap it up and pad edges with foam etc.

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

25th Jan 12 at 10:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also wasn't there someone on here that couriers wheels etc? Could he courier the bonnet?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Twiggy

25th Jan 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where from and to?
Paul W
Premium Member

25th Jan 12 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From Gateshead to northants Twiggy.

Parcel2go might be a good shout, used them before.

Dan, i wouldn't be able to fit it in the back of the corsa, seats don't fold down yo lol.

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

25th Jan 12 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a bonnet turn up before with a frieght company, came covered in cardboard with form on corners like Ed is descriving. Was fine but it is a dodgy area. Roadtrip sounds best
Liam-Wilko

25th Jan 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good buy paul mate realy decent bonnet mate and the lad is spot on
vaux.dan

25th Jan 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Had a bonnet turn up before with a frieght company, came covered in cardboard with form on corners like Ed is descriving. Was fine but it is a dodgy area. Roadtrip sounds best

How is it a dodgy area?
Paul W
Premium Member

25th Jan 12 at 20:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i'm sending out e-mails and things inquiring, but by the looks of it most places don't like dealing with car panels and stuff. I'll have to see what replies i get back. Asking about insuring too, worth the extra paying for?

Cheers Liam, i've been waiting for a decent one like that to come up for a while now. Shame it's so far away otherwise i'd be straight over with cash in hand lol, and i've bought from Dan before so i know he's sound for it

vaux.dan

25th Jan 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul stop being gay and have a drive up will be nice to see your car anyways. Last time i seen it it was all smashed up.

I'd like insurance on it if it is to be delivered. The bonnets to good to be damaged
Dan295

25th Jan 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=624812

cc me on an email and i can get you a quote
Paul W
Premium Member

25th Jan 12 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol Dan, not much has changed tbh, just looks a bit less of a shed than it did, i don't even know if i could fit it in the back of the corsa y'know as the seats don't fold forward . I'll carry on sending out feelers and getting quotes and see what i get, if nothing i could always try and persuade Dan (the bro) to drive up in the derv beast rover .

Dan295 (there's too many Dan's in this thread ffs ) you'll have a u2u on the way

vaux.dan

25th Jan 12 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha. Nb mate. There's a local lad interested in the kit morettes and bonnet for £400. He finds out on Sunday if he will have the money and got a few others asking aswell bud so be quick

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Couriering a bonnet 24 database queries in 0.2581160 seconds