corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Microsoft certified courses advice required please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Microsoft certified courses advice required please
supacook2k

User status: Offline
28th Jan 12 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

I'm currently working full time and i want a new challenge. i'm not in an IT related job at the moment apart from using a PC for normal office work etc. My A-Levels are in ICT and i did 1 year in uni studying computer systems & networks and did gain the first part of a CCNA but decided uni wasnt for me so left and have been working the same office job ever since but i still have a keen interest in becoming I.T Support, system admin / pc engineer, I'm definatley going to do the CompTIA A+ course as it seems a pretty standard entry level qualification into IT technician jobs but i am undecided about the MCITP, MCSA & MCSE courses. ICS learn states to take those courses you should be employed in the industry and have a few years aexperience before attempting microsoft courses. Would it be a good idea to do all 3 of the mentioned microsoft courses over 3 years and seek employment in the IT industry while doing them, any advise welcome.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt bother. IT is all about experience then qualifactions. As the course's teach you it in the ideal world which 99% of the time wont happen.

MCSA + MSCE are old now its the MCITP EA & MCITP SA.

The IT industury will be hard to get into with no experience i would go ask so local IT shops if you can go in on a weekend to watch/help.

Any Questions just ask.
i myself am an MCITP-EA & SA a MCTS in a few areas also VCP5 qualified.

Dan
John

28th Jan 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As vrsturbo says, waste of time.

You'll never get a job with them an no experience and quite rightly so. You'll learn very little doing it.

It should also take you about 3 weeks to do the MS courses, not 3 years.

I'm MCITP-EA also and have a few others dotted about.

I've never done the comptia because it looks like an absolute diddy course and no proper job will want it.
pow
Premium Member

28th Jan 12 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm CCNA and job hunting and most places just aren't interested, more interested that I've got 5 years experience working in schools with IT.

New Poll