corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Help needed with fundraising

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help needed with fundraising
jibjob

User status: Offline
16th Feb 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know i've posted this before but I only got one donation and since then i've struggled to raise hardly anything! So I need an extra bit of help! Even if you don't want donate then please do as much as you can to pass on the information to anyone you know who might want to donate! Even if its just putting the link on your Facebook, Twitter or passing on the text number/website address to family, friends or colleagues.

Well at the end of March i'm taking part in another charity boxing fight to raise money for the charity of my choice and i've chosen The Prostate Cancer Charity. The last event was a great success and a brilliant night although I really struggled to raise a decent amount of money so need every help I can get this time around!

All the donations go through JustGiving so i'm not asking you to send me cash/paypal/bank transfers etc.

The website for the charity for anyone who wants to know what they do is http://www.prostate-cancer.org.uk/

The JustGiving page where you can donate online
http://www.justgiving.com/Jonny-Betteley

Or if its easier i've also set up a text number to which you can send a message and an amount an it'll add it to the total.
Just text "JBOX96 £(your amount)" to 70070

All the pictures and videos from training and the fights can either be followed here:
http://www.facebook.com/funkinfitness

or on the youtube page:
http://www.youtube.com/user/funkinfitness

And a quick slideshow of the last lot of training/fights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5FEXVPPHwc&feature=youtu.be

And my fight from last time (black vest/white shorts)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YLf6EmOaMA

Like I said i'm not just fishing for money or setting up some sort of scam as all money goes through JustGiving and is given directly to The Prostate Cancer Charity.
Just do what you can to help.

Thanks!
3CorsaMeal

16th Feb 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People like Byron and Whitter45 should be doing this with their money, rather than buying £9k watches that sit in a drawer
jibjob

16th Feb 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem seems to be people always seem to just think "ah someone else will donate" when infact it's not hard to donate at all and for the sake of £1 its not expensive either, it all helps! I mean if you're on a contract phone and donate £1 by text it just gets added to your bill at the end of the month so you don't even notice its gone.

Just to put it into perspective though my sister is also doing the same event and is raising money for Christies and she has already been donated a hamper to raffle off and has £136 on her justgiving page all by people from her work, another lad has £71 and another £183 and i'm struggling to get past £32!

I could really do with everyones help!
Brett
Premium Member

16th Feb 12 at 16:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No disrespect to your cause at all mate and I wish you all the best, but there's always someone with their hand out.
jibjob

16th Feb 12 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know what you mean and I don't think I realised this before. Theres always leaflets through the door asking for money or TV adverts asking to send £3 to a child in Africa but I was hoping people would see this more as sponsorship rather than just a donation. The same as running a marathon, skydive, etc.
Ste
Premium Member

16th Feb 12 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tenner sent over mate. hope it starts the ball rolling for you.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
jibjob

16th Feb 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks a lot mate i've just received it!
Ste
Premium Member

17th Feb 12 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on you fags.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
jibjob

17th Feb 12 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks to James Owen for some more money!

This is great guys thanks a lot!!
3CorsaMeal

17th Feb 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it helps mens bums, then i'm all up for that
jibjob

17th Feb 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks to LiVe LeE for another great donation!

Edit: Better?

[Edited on 17-02-2012 by jibjob]
RichR
Premium Member

17th Feb 12 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no underscore
Mertin

17th Feb 12 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your looking for a fundraising idea then this one may work for you, it helped my cousin raise alot for her Kilimanjaro climb.

The local council have a shop in the town centre which they give out for charitys to use, usually for a week at a time. You collect items to sell, donates from people at work, family and general public and then sell the items in the charity shop with no charge for the shop, so everything raised from selling stuff in the shop goes to into your fundraising pot.
She ended up with loads of stuff collected over a few months.
Just like a jumble sale / car boot but in a shop where plenty people are walking past and think it gets alot of regulars there

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Help needed with fundraising 24 database queries in 0.0111911 seconds