corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car hire in Florida

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car hire in Florida
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
20th Feb 12 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

Looking at going to Kissimmee in Florida this september and was just wondering if anyone knew of some good sites for car hire under 25's?

The cheapest i've found seems to come in at about £400 for 2 weeks (1st Sept - 15th Sept) and thats on a Chevrolet Aveo?

Thanks
Balling
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 08:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That price is completely off.

Have a look at carhire3000.com.
Used them this October and everything went smoothly. Only downside is, you wont know which company you're booking with until few days before.

Aveo should be half what you have posted. Think even the coupe class is less than that.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Under 25 you have to pay a young person insurance, I was charged $25 per day the other year.

So that's $350 straight away (£225)

I've just hired a mustang for 1 week from Hertz for May... £138 but I'm 26 so no young person insurance.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
jacko

20th Feb 12 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thrifty? 7 of us went to Kissimmee for Christmas and hired a Chevrolet Suburban @ £600 for 2 weeks.

Although a bigger car, it gives you an idea how much a smaller car will cost. We found them to be the cheapest at the time.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hertz for that 2 weeks Aveo - £261 + (young person insurance)

Which airport? Orlando Int or Sanford?

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good website that!

I'm going to Orlando for two weeks in July and I've got a "free hire car" with my flights. The freebie doesn't include a collision damage waiver so I enquired about adding that and it would cost me about £200

On that carhire3000 site I can get a Dodge Charger for the two weeks including the collision damage waiver all for just under £300!

I'll take a charger over an aveo any day!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Balling
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had this, driving through California:

Such a terrible car, but very comfortable and good fun to drive.

Spent 30 minutes one morning trying to figure out why the boot wouldn't close. When I was about to call roadside assistance I realised that the keys were in one of the bags in the boot, which the car could apparently sense.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodge Charge we had couple years ago was same, not brilliant but so comfy! Perfect for bit of highway cruising.

I ordered new Mustang as its meant to be huge improvement over the old one. 305bhp 3.7l should be but better than others.

Really want to upgrade to the Hertz Corvette but doubt get two suitcases in

Simon_16v

20th Feb 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Hertz for that 2 weeks Aveo - £261 + (young person insurance)

Which airport? Orlando Int or Sanford?

We would be flying to Sanford Airport.

For 2 weeks its around £235 + £238 Yound persons insurance.

Cheapest so far was with USRENTACAR.com and came to £406 in total as they did a package for under 25's
Nismo

20th Feb 12 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling

Spent 30 minutes one morning trying to figure out why the boot wouldn't close. When I was about to call roadside assistance I realised that the keys were in one of the bags in the boot, which the car could apparently sense.

Thats clever shit!
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 14:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll have a scan while at work this afternoon, spent ages looking for my own but found an offer so just booked as was £80 cheaper than anywhere else.

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

20th Feb 12 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£204.97 - Aveo via netflights.com I've gone through the site up until payment page making myself 22 and still showing £204.97 1st Sept - 14th Sept at Orlando Sanford.

Simon_16v

20th Feb 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
£204.97 - Aveo via netflights.com I've gone through the site up until payment page making myself 22 and still showing £204.97 1st Sept - 14th Sept at Orlando Sanford.

Does this have any terms and conditions saying you have to pay the surcharges locally when you arrive?
Simon_16v

20th Feb 12 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked and the charges of $25 per day still apply to netflights
stan_the_man

20th Feb 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsasport - Giving car hire advice since 2011.
Siberia

20th Feb 12 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some(most) sites wont tell you or hide the extra charges you will face when you get to the desk.. read the small print really carefully...
Simon_16v

21st Feb 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well i've a few sites all of which charge the $25 a day and its the norm in that state.

Either way got the holiday booked tonight, really excited and looking forward to it

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Car hire in Florida 24 database queries in 0.0136139 seconds