corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa b redtop not cranking

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b redtop not cranking
Davejs

User status: Offline
7th Mar 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick update, I have spoke to the guy I bought the car from and he said he connected the starter motor backwards and melted the red/black wire on the charging loom...where does this go/connect to and what does it do??
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

7th Mar 12 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try the help zone mate

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
fazza

7th Mar 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its a thin red/black wire, that goes to the starter from the ign switch iirc

do you still have the corsa loom that splits into the plug to join to the starter loom?
Davejs

7th Mar 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes I still have that part of the loom it's in the car and that's where the black/red wire is melted, I think it goes into the bulkhead by the master cylinder then into relays or in ignition?? It's melted on the the starter loom...it's as if when the guy wired it up wrong it's melted/fried that black/red wire all the way to its source inside the car/ignition??
Davejs

8th Mar 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It goes all the way to ignition switch and is melted nearly all the way to the switch?? Shall I just put a new wire in and try, must b a switch wire to start the motor when you crank??

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa b redtop not cranking 25 database queries in 0.0124092 seconds