corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What tip?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What tip?
Firefly

User status: Offline
27th Mar 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wondering what exhaust tips people run and the different sound they make, if any? Ive got a c16se with 4-1 manifold to full 2 inch with standard cat, no resonator and high flow back box and a vt commodore tip. It sounds real good through the rev range, but sounds disgusting in idle. Was thinking the tip might be too open creating the awful idle note, but want peoples thoughts
gary2097

27th Mar 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the exhaust tip doesnt make too much difference to the noise it will be because you have no silencer. Only option really is to put one in if you want to quieten it down but obviously you will lose a little bit of bhp as you will be restricting the exhaust flow
Firefly

27th Mar 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was hoping a nice 2 inch double layer single rolled tip would make a difference over my current 5x3 inch straight cut oval.

Had a resonator when i had a cannon muffler and it sounded like i had a hole in the pipework
gary2097

27th Mar 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can try it but I doubt it would make much difference
Firefly

30th Mar 12 at 05:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot to mention the timing has been advanced by half a tooth, so that could be why it sounds like it does. Hard to remember off hand what i sounded like with the original head, but i swear it sounded nicer
gary2097

30th Mar 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats probably why then mate because that will make it idle higher so is as if you have your foot slightly on the accelerator all the time

New Poll