corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe splutter

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe splutter
john_redtop

User status: Offline
2nd Apr 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above for the past week the corsa has had a intermitting problem sometimes when I pull out from a junction or if on say a 30 road and try to pull off it will splutter and hold back for a couple of seconds then take off its sound on motorways and I've noticed that when it dose this and it gets me a bit mad and I give it some then drop down to a low speed and pull off its fine. In the last 1000 mile its had plugs done, leads done, oil and filter change and new fuel filter. I've had plugs out and there look the right color (tanned) because my first thought was overfueling as would clear if I gave it some so any ideas people
johnhara1

2nd Apr 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have a cone filter on it? They don't like heat soak. try a standard airbox or enclosed insuction kit.

This sorted mine.

Also, check for air leaks around the TB area.
john_redtop

2nd Apr 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

image host
That's my filter shouldn't get any warm air with a cold air feed plus I've had it almost 4 year now with that filter and its been fine before.
johnhara1

2nd Apr 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check for air leaks then mate around TB gasket,pipe between powercap and afm, inlet manifold gasket etc

Clean TB out aswell.

john_redtop

2nd Apr 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok mate cheers I'll give that a check tonight

New Poll