corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » class 2 training

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author class 2 training
chloe16v

User status: Offline
9th Apr 12 at 23:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

has anyone on here got there class 2 licence? im thinking of doing the training to obtain my class 2 licence, have been looking on the job sites an seem to be plenty of jobs out there but alot require you to have 2 years minimum experience
corsa-vxr

10th Apr 12 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it 2 and a half yrs 5day course but u nw need to complete cpc aswel i aint dun it as yet just more ways to get muny out u ps geting a job is hard theres alot but agency works ur best bet to get experience
Cole

10th Apr 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and the reply above in the queens english please.
corsajay88

10th Apr 12 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cpc genrally required as its becoming law to have it. Ive done it and its bollocks tbh even the guy doing it said it was just to make money.
nathy_87

10th Apr 12 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-vxr
I have it 2 and a half yrs 5day course but u nw need to complete cpc aswel i aint dun it as yet just more ways to get muny out u ps geting a job is hard theres alot but agency works ur best bet to get experience

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
and the reply above in the queens english please.

I've had mine for 2½ years now. It's a 5 day course, but now you need to complete CPC aswell. I haven't done it as of yet but it's just another way to get more money out of you. Also getting a job is hard, so I recommend agency work to get your experience.

Gary
Premium Member

10th Apr 12 at 09:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is CPC required to become a Class2 licence holder or just just arequirement to be employed as a HGV driver?
nathy_87

10th Apr 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Is CPC required to become a Class2 licence holder or just just arequirement to be employed as a HGV driver?

Here you go, have a read: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/CaravansTrailersCommercialVehicles/DG_171186

Terry12

10th Apr 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

My mate is on his class 2 test now. He had to do the CPC training. Even if you pass the driving and theory part you still need to complete to CPC before you can drive.

I'm lucky as I passed my HGV in 2004 before all the CPC came in. I have to do 35 hours training by 2014 iirc or I won't be able to drive.
corsa-vxr

10th Apr 12 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above cpc came in september 2009 i passed nov 09 so i have to do the full lot aload o bollox as above if you passed b4 then you do 35hrs over 5years
Terry12

10th Apr 12 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've only done 21 hours so far. You could do 35 hours all in 1 year as long as 35 hours are complete by 2014. It's a complete load of bollocks to rape the industry of yet more money.
Bonney

10th Apr 12 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im doing mine at the minute.

Basically if you don't hold the CPC certificate you CAN NOT drive a LGV for commercial gain, Meaning you cant drive one loaded. People who passed before a cartain date got grandfather rights meaning they where given it, but had to do 35 hours in a classroom over a 5 year period. With a mimimum of 7 hours at a time.

Passing your test is the easy part as is the CPC. It's getting a job without driving experience that will get you, Luckily I found a company that will do all my exams and training (Theory, Hazard perception, CPC Case studies, Cat C training, Cat C+E Training and exams for both and also the CPC Practical demonstration then a job at the end of it all if you pass all the exams)

Best bet for you would to be do the class 2 (Cat C) ALL the cpc, then go onto agency work to get the experience, You would be doing all the shitty jobs that no one else wants, But it is experience.
Toby
Premium Member

10th Apr 12 at 16:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need your CPC now to drive, those that are currently driving need to have it in place by Sept 2014.

We are putting our drivers through it as a NVQ as well.

Most driver training comapines can arrnage the CPC for you at the same time.
Kano

10th Apr 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had my class 2 a couple of years ago and did my class 1 last year.Just got myself a job with my class 1 after a year of applying to over 50 jobs.

My advice, dont bother unless you know you have a job to walk into.

big eck

10th Apr 12 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had my class 2 for just over 3 yrs and I'm now doin the CPC training, don't about 3/4 so far. Luckily my works put me thought it all. The only cost I incurred was paying £50 for a medical at the start.

It's quite expensive to pay for the CPC itself, over £500 iirc. You'll have to pay for the theory, 3 or 5 day course plus the medical. It all adds up. Getting a job is difficult as most want 2yrs minimum experiance so agency work is a deffo.

[Edited on 10-04-2012 by big eck]
Terry12

11th Apr 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had my class 2 for 7 years and class one for 4 years. I got lucky and got on with no experience delivering milk, After 3 years they put me through for my class 1 so I gained my experience through them. It did make it easier when I left them in January this year and walked into another job on class 1
Toby
Premium Member

11th Apr 12 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well speaking of CPC's, got my results for my Managers CPC and passed........ not that this helps the OP but still
chloe16v

11th Apr 12 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks guys

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » class 2 training 23 database queries in 0.0177848 seconds