corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay and Bank Transfers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author eBay and Bank Transfers
KingDoug

User status: Offline
19th Apr 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some festival tickets for sale on ebay at the moment and just recieved an email from a guy offering me the full asking price of £240, the problem is he is offering to pay by bank transfer.

Normally I would say no and insit on paypal but rthe money would be greatly used at the moment.

Now my problem is that he has no feedback which is making me worry that little bit more.

Any advice would be cracking.
Sam
Premium Member

19th Apr 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tell him to pay cash into your account - no bank transfer (as they can be reversed).
Toby
Premium Member

19th Apr 12 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The zero feedback and the requested use of bank transfer could tie, I.e. just started using eBay and therefore doesn't have a PayPal account. However, place is full of scammers so get a bankers draft or postal order and get them checked before you send anything.
Aaron

19th Apr 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMHO, this thread stinks of that lad on here who (for a short period of time) got bummed by the guy he bought some music equipment from.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The zero feedback would be enough to scare me away tbh.

Don't do it. Stick with PayPal, or meet him and get the cash if possible.

[Edited on 19-04-2012 by Aaron]
Generation

19th Apr 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get cash paid in is safest bet
LeeM

19th Apr 12 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
IMHO, this thread stinks of that lad on here who (for a short period of time) got bummed by the guy he bought some music equipment from.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The zero feedback would be enough to scare me away tbh.

Don't do it. Stick with PayPal, or meet him and get the cash if possible.

[Edited on 19-04-2012 by Aaron]

hiya i got my kit in the end(and sold on at a profit) but wont deal with people with no feedback anymore unless its a cash on collection deal
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
19th Apr 12 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cash deposited is best you you.
KingDoug

19th Apr 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I forgot to mention that I don't actually have the tickets so won't be sending them out to anyone. They are still with Leedstickets and I would just change the name over on them to his name. Not sure if that changes things.
Toby
Premium Member

20th Apr 12 at 06:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well depends how long after a transaction can he reverse it, if it's 28 days or so for example then the tickets won't b. Dispatched until two weeks/week before so if it's outside of the time frame then you maybe ok. Ring your bank and ask them if your that desperate.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » eBay and Bank Transfers 23 database queries in 0.0121162 seconds