corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ruptured collateral knee ligament

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ruptured collateral knee ligament
Danny P

User status: Offline
   30th Apr 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playing football yesterday and slid on a fella & heard a snapping sound, thought it was just my shinpad so just jumped up and went to run, soon as I put my leg on the floor I fell over again

Had to hobble off and tried to walk about but threw up due to the pain in my knee, it ended up looking like a baloon so went down to a&e. 5 x-rays later and some intense pulling and pushing by the nurse & the informed me i'd ruptured my collateral ligament

On crutches and cant put any pressure on it what so ever. Got to back on Friday for them to have a look at it and to get a proper brace put on.

Currently in this position until then

They reckoned it was quite bad & could be on for a few months Just what I need with summer and a couple of holidays coming up
Dan
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like what a guy i know did about 5 years ago. Hes been buggered ever since, and has just recently had another massive op on it. Nasty stuff

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Jamie Walby

30th Apr 12 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get well soon. Not a nice injury to have.
Danny P

30th Apr 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
Sounds like what a guy i know did about 5 years ago. Hes been buggered ever since, and has just recently had another massive op on it. Nasty stuff

Yeah they said it might need an operation to get it sorted it fully. Just coming into the prime of career an all

Cheers Jamie
Dan
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, thats how he was. He was an awesome player, but like a knobber, decided to keep playing on it when instructed not to etc, paying for it now though. So obviously, dont got playing until they give u the go ahead!

Danny P

30th Apr 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luckily it was last match of season so cant be tempted. Reckon it'll be 6 months at least before being able to start thinking about playing or training again. I'll be a right fat bastard by them
Fro

30th Apr 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd leave it for longer personally, and make sure you get good rehabilitation for it. Last thing you want is a shagged knee for the rest of your life.

I damaged my ankle ligaments really bad and like a prat didn't leave it long enough to heal as was going to an academy at the time and progressing quite well, shagged myself now though and can't play as much as I used to and sometimes it even hurts to walk
Dan
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did my ankle ligaments when I was at school, that was like 15 years ago now, and that foot always clicks and ache when it's cold. Sometime kicks out when walking stairs etc. unreal it's never healed properly.

Danny P

30th Apr 12 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ummm. Might give it a bit longer then in that case. Was looking to go into coaching so might be a good time to start that!
Cole

30th Apr 12 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have destroyed most of my knee ligaments due to my knee bending the wrong way and twisting 180deg so know how you feel I've had 4 ops on mine taking grafts from my hamstring to repair them but that has not worked I've got have a full ligament transplant next. Some people on here have seen the extent of my damage when I show them my knee popping out to its left by about 4inches lol
Mad Moe

30th Apr 12 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ruptured my LCL and tore my Meniscal Cartilage a couple of years ago playing Rugby and now after two supposedly successful surgeries I have been told I will never play competitively again which is gutting as I played to a reasonably high standard. I've now decided to do my coaching badges and get involved helping my old Juniors coach with his U14's
Danny P

30th Apr 12 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some hard hitting stories on here, I was thinking it'd be fine once its healed ut obviously not. Will be gutted if I cant play again
JonnyJ

30th Apr 12 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i had this once mate. They had to chop my arm and cock off
Jamie Walby

1st May 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mad Moe
I ruptured my LCL and tore my Meniscal Cartilage a couple of years ago playing Rugby and now after two supposedly successful surgeries I have been told I will never play competitively again which is gutting as I played to a reasonably high standard. I've now decided to do my coaching badges and get involved helping my old Juniors coach with his U14's

I got told yesterday that the only procedure that can 100% fix my foot will mean I can't play football anymore.

Decided to pass as I can still play all be it through some pretty nasty pain. Its when I hear people like you who can't play and not through choice that makes me realise my injury isn't as bad.

Good luck with your coaching though. Its good you can still be involved.
Ben J

1st May 12 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Yeah, i had this once mate. They had to chop my arm and cock off

You got off lucky.

They had to remove my balls through my arse. Couldn't have any anesthetic either or it wouldn't have worked properly.

Knee is fine now tho.

Good luck Danny
Liam

1st May 12 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll probably be longer than 6 months! I broke my ankle and did all my ligaments and tendons in my ankle last year, and I couldn't play football from July until Janurary, I still get some minor issues now when it's freezing cold or I've over done it playing football.

Breaking my ankle has turned out to be worse than when I broke my other leg
Blade_sri

1st May 12 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off with a knee op I had in beginning of march, acl...Fucking terible, had a cast on it! My mate had the same op, his stiches came out and yellow puss went al
l over! In a wheelchair now!

Whittie

1st May 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nasty injury mate, hope it heals!
Robbo

1st May 12 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fro

1st May 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
It'll probably be longer than 6 months! I broke my ankle and did all my ligaments and tendons in my ankle last year, and I couldn't play football from July until Janurary, I still get some minor issues now when it's freezing cold or I've over done it playing football.

Breaking my ankle has turned out to be worse than when I broke my other leg

Breaking joints is usually worse than straight bones etc due to the ranges of movement etc.
Danny P

3rd May 12 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another day of recovery. Everything within arms reach

Starting to get a bit bored now. Cant wait for tomorrow and the weekend when folk are off work so can get out the house a bit.
Blade_sri

3rd May 12 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have same telly and sound system!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Ruptured collateral knee ligament 25 database queries in 0.0145509 seconds