corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Hot water pressure?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hot water pressure?
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd May 12 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I seem to have convinced myself that my hot water pressure has dropped alot in the past few months.

Most noticable in the shower, it used to be really really powerful and on the fine setting felt like it would take skin off.

Then the shower has decided to only run either red hot or luke warm (its a cold/hot feed twist thing, not an electric shower).

Then ive also just noticed, that the rads are getting hot around the house, when i run a bath.

Have i just got a faulty diverter valve causing loss of pressure, or is it sounding like a few faults :/

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
mattk

3rd May 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rads getting hot while the bath is running is a diverter valve problem yes. if its a combi then this could be your problem

Water inside the boilers heat exchanger, that warms the water to the taps is letting water out into the radiators. thus lowering the temperature of the heat exchanger

and so the boiler will slow the flow of hot water out of the boiler to compensate for this. The water will have to stay in the boiler for longer to reach the output temperature.

hard to explain in writing but Im sure you know what I mean?
Dan
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i know what u mean lol. Cheers, time to call british gas!

deanmcreynolds26

3rd May 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What boiler is it?
Dan
Premium Member

4th May 12 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its a potterton powermax he85

New Poll