corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best site to sell a used car???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best site to sell a used car???
purple_corsa_gls

User status: Offline
28th Apr 12 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm trying to sell a 2003 Seat Leon TDI and wondering where is the best place, as there are a lot around so it won't stand out on Autotrader. Has anyone any ideas of where is best and where to get a decent price - Ebay seem to be a fair bit lower than most places.

Thanks
Corsa_Sport21

28th Apr 12 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't go wrong with Gumtree tbh.
Fro

29th Apr 12 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ebay and Gumtree.

I use PH too but never usually autotrader as it's expensive.
Norcy91

29th Apr 12 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my Corsa Sport up on Gumtree to start with, didn't really get much interest apart from some pointless swap offers.

Paid £14.99 for a Classified Ad on Ebay, had about 30 watchers after 10 days and sold it for not much less than my asking price within 2 weeks.

Also put an ad on Pistonheads for about £9.99 i think? Got a few emails from people on there, but still most of them were swap offers i wasn't looking for.
Blobby17

29th Apr 12 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold a few cars on eBay. I tried Autotrader a couple of times but didn't have any luck. For the money you pay on AT, it's just means you get less money for your car.

I do like eBay. You are pretty much guaranteed the car will sell and if you get a time waster you get most of your money back. You can also send out Second Chance offers.

At the end of the day, your car has a market value and people will always want it cheaper. Sadly it is only worth what someone is willing to pay around the market value.
Sunz

29th Apr 12 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Can't go wrong with Gumtree tbh.

I just got my Megane from Gumtree, it was only on there 3 days and it's mine now, was a nice advert.

Also sold my Corsa there within about 5 days, there is a lot of lazy adverts there where people don't show many pictures or write decent information but if you do it well you won't get complete numpties spamming you.

I personally have been looking for a while and didn't think ebay was that great in terms of volume so maybe your car will stand out there better, found it to be spammed with dealers wanting over the top prices and offering limited information and viewing chances.

good luck !
Corsa_Sport21

29th Apr 12 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive lost count the amount of cars ive bought and sold via Gumtree. Plenty bargains to be had and decent for finding cars local. Only downside is that nowadays it seems to be the busiest place for selling cars. Put an ad up and within hours its 10 pages back. Fine if you're searching for something specific but not so good if you are just browsing for something random.
mattk

29th Apr 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sold my transit on ebay in 8 hours
Fro

30th Apr 12 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Sold my transit on ebay in 8 hours

They love a Transit on there. I threw one on there and it went within a few hours, they messed about so i put it back on a few hundred quid higher and it went within a few hours again
richc

30th Apr 12 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive sold all of my cars through ebay. Never had a sniff through Autotrader and pistonheads was just swops.

These were on cars ranging from £300 superminis to £2000 off roaders to £7000 hot hatches. I always put them on classified ad with best offer.
chrisn1234

6th May 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pistonheads i have bought 2 corsa s off and sold one
RichR
Premium Member

6th May 12 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on the car, value and market in my experience-Disco had no interest at all on EBay but sold within 3days at a higher asking price on Autotrader. Golf sold on eBay in less than a week and after trying autotrader, eBay and gumtree for my a3, it finally sold through the local paper's classified website
RichR
Premium Member

6th May 12 at 22:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and not once have I managed to sell anything on pistonheads
Anty
Premium Member

6th May 12 at 22:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say gumtree, personaly.. i tryed ebay for a yr, and still couldnt sell my car.. ended up with gumtree.. sold, with many faults..lol
Jerham

7th May 12 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How's autotrader expensive? Its £10 for 2 weeks.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best site to sell a used car??? 23 database queries in 0.0099320 seconds