corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a BMW

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Buying a BMW
Tom

User status: Offline
15th May 12 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's looking like i'm going to be buying an e90 3 series saloon soon. I'm after a 320d M Sport, 2005/06 model, or possibly a 318d if I can find one. Budget is about 8k, most of them with the spec I want have about 80k+ miles, can anyone give me any information about the respective engines and importantly when the turbo is likely to need replacing on each? I've seen a few with higher miles for quite a bit cheaper and they've already had this work done, assuming I was going to keep it for a couple of years would this be economically benefitial to buy one with higher miles (120k ish) that's already had the work done? I guess residuals will even out, any other big jobs that I should be aware of?
Tom

15th May 12 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something like this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3890550.htm

Or this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3865708.htm
whitter45

15th May 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

320D will have 163 brake and the 318D will either have 123BHP or 143BHp depending on the year

Perosnally the 318D is a good engine - still 2.0 but with different turbo, fuel pump and injectors

I find if you can get a 318D with higher pec for same money as a 320D then go for less power and more spec

look for a business edition as you get alot of spec standard including sat nav and leather and the 18's

Perosnally the 18's look so much better than the 17's

i have the 18's

Good luck - they are an excellent car

Facelift came on a 58 plate but 08 cars had the facelift engines in them
Tom

15th May 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Whitter

I think i'd prefer the 318d as it's much better MPG wise, but they do tend to have the 17's which aren't a patch on the 18's. I want the alcantara interior too which is less of an issue with a 318d. No chance of a business edition due to budget, but they are nice.

I'm guessing the turbo on either is going to live until about 110-120k so really need a lower milage one (80k ish) and get rid at about 100k.
whitter45

15th May 12 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

turbos can be hit or miss

i went through 2 on my 120D but that was manufacturing issue with the actuators

You will know if the car has the facelift engine as the exhaust are direct straight out and do not point downwards

However the facelift revsions on lights etc came out on a 58 plate

they ride better on the 17s but look better on 18's

whitter45

15th May 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would post pics of mine but its a facelift so wont help you much

Also the new shape is now out and the MSport is due so maybe hold off slightly as this may affect the older models - not sure though
Tom

15th May 12 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for all that!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Buying a BMW 23 database queries in 0.2557912 seconds