corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Orange Upgrades

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Orange Upgrades
Neo

User status: Offline
24th May 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little while back I had a look at when my upgrade date was for my orange contract, was the 8th of June. Just logged on to have a look at what phones they have as i'm completely out of touch and my upgrade date is now 25th July.

Contract ends on 8th September and in the past I have always upgraded with 3 months left Have they changed it to one and a half months left before upgrade ? I'm not in any desperate rush as my HTC has absolutely nothing wrong with it, however was looking forward to getting a new toy
nathy_87

24th May 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, Vodafone has done exactly the same to me, so you'reonyl allowed to Upgrade 56days before. It's stupid. Got to be something in the T&C's that you can get around this, meaning you can upgrade on the original date.
Liam-Wilko

24th May 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with orange they have something on at the min were you can upgrade early i just done it last month and hat to pay a small fee
noshua

24th May 12 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam-Wilko
with orange they have something on at the min were you can upgrade early i just done it last month and hat to pay a small fee

That'll more then likely be that you can downgrade your contract to the cheapest tariff (£10-15/month) and pay the remainder off (say 1 and a half month in Neo's situation) to then re-new the contract.
Neo

24th May 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could you negotiate a better contract though Liam ? I'm paying an extortianate amount for not alot. I know I could change to 3 and get a lot more for a lot less however would prefer to stay with orange as I've never had problems with their customer services, signal etc.

To put it into perspective, I could get an iPhone 4s with 1gb of data, 600 minutes and unlimited texts and access to openzone wifi from orange for less than I pay for a htc desire with 600 minutes and 500mb data at the moment

Liam-Wilko

24th May 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ya mate i had a blackberry curve i was paying £50 pound on and got next to nothing as the curve was a replacment phone.

i now have a sony S with unlimited text 1gb download allawance 800 mins or somthing i get my orange magic numbers and i also get free TV on my phone and free music down loads for £30 or £36 a month or something

[Edited on 24-05-2012 by Liam-Wilko]
Brett
Premium Member

24th May 12 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best way to negotiate any phone contract is to ring up and say you want to cancel.
Liam-Wilko

24th May 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TV and music download dosnt come off you download allawance
Neo

24th May 12 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh I know Brett and that is essentially my plan, however was hoping to make the call in a week or 2's time, not end of July

New Poll