corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Company car allowance question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Company car allowance question
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
31st May 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never had a company car nor car allowance; but have been head hunted for a job which over the phone they have offered me a good salary and company car allowance. They havent said how much that is; but before meeting with them i was wondering what is a fair sized allowance and what the tax implications of one is? I currentley get 45p per mile in my current job; but thats in my own car so i guess that would half if you have an allowance?

Not really sure how they all work and dont really know anyone who gets an allowance?
sc0ott

31st May 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it will drop to about 12p a mile when you get an allowance.

Depends what your job role falls into. The lower the job the less allowance / smaller company car.

Where i work its around 280 a month or a fiesta 1.6 tdci or focus tdci or equivalent. Thats the lowest band.
cpcrampton

31st May 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to get 45p a mile in my own car. I now get £750 a month car allowance which is basicly added onto my salary and it is taxed as normal and only get 25p/mile. depending on your base salary depends on how much the allowance will help you. ie if you are in the 40% bracket you will only see 60% of your allowance.
Russ

31st May 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty sure you can claim unto 45p off the hmrc for your mileage. so for instance if they pay 20p, you can claim 25p.

most companies have different allowances depending on importance of your role.
NovaGTE2

31st May 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great thanks; its a fairly senior role and would prob want to get a 3 series out of it if im honest; would be 40% tho so thats an arsehole
cpcrampton

31st May 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just pocket the money and coninue to run around in the 330. the 25p/mile covers the fuel. so happy days.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

31st May 12 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No option for company car?!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
bwbw

31st May 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
pretty sure you can claim unto 45p off the hmrc for your mileage. so for instance if they pay 20p, you can claim 25p.

most companies have different allowances depending on importance of your role.

Almost, it's the tax relief on the difference...

I.e your paid 20p for 10k miles, you claim tax relief 22% of 25p for 10k miles....

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Company car allowance question 24 database queries in 0.0140960 seconds