corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Beemers going missing

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Beemers going missing
A2H GO

User status: Offline
1st Jun 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
We seem to get problems with BMW bumpers going missing on a regular basis. Apparently very easy to get off without needing to get in the car.

Cant get the front off without getting under the bonnet (unless you snap it off), same for the back, you need to open the boot to get to about 6 bolts.

[Edited on 01-06-2012 by A2H GO]
Fad

1st Jun 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Just been told about loads of new 1 and 3 series getting pinched cos of how easy it is to nick them.

They are being stolen by getting a blank key card and taking the window out, put blank key in and programming said key via the OBD port and drive the car away!

Seems like a massive cock up for BMW

Its to do with the ODB port and a buch a twats in east London with the Dealers tool recoding keys on the spot.

I'm getting my ODB relocated to somewhere else in the car which in theory should help

[Edited on 01-06-2012 by Fad]
Haimsey
Premium Member

1st Jun 12 at 12:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite shocking. Advances in technology, not so great!

This made me laugh from the thread on PH

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
Graeme
Premium Member

1st Jun 12 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
quote:
Originally posted by Welsh Dan
We seem to get problems with BMW bumpers going missing on a regular basis. Apparently very easy to get off without needing to get in the car.

Cant get the front off without getting under the bonnet (unless you snap it off), same for the back, you need to open the boot to get to about 6 bolts.

[Edited on 01-06-2012 by A2H GO]

On the older 3 and 5 series it's easy. Had loades at the BMW body shop I used to work at. Literally a 2 min job and pull off and you have a £500 Bumper.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Beemers going missing 24 database queries in 0.2122571 seconds