corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » xbox 360 problem - controller won't sync

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xbox 360 problem - controller won't sync
Neo

User status: Offline
6th Jun 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Odd one and after searching online I've not found any fixes

Picked up controller monday, turned on, xbox turned on and started playing
5 minutes in it said controller disconnected, had only put those batteries in a week or so ago and hardly play it which I thought was odd, grabbed a recharge kit and stuck it in, turned controller on and it still wouldn't connect.
Grabbed some new AA's and put them in, still didn't connect.
Pressed the 2 sync buttons, both sets of lights spin but they dont connect. Once the controller has stopped spinning, all 4 lights flash every second or so
Got angry and rage quit. 15 minutes later tried again, sat there continuously syncing either with the recharge kit or just batteries. Eventually it managed to connect. Lasted about 5 minutes and same again.
Looked online, found people saying to completely remove all power and hdd, tried that but hasn't helped.

Wondering if anyone has come across this before I call Microsoft and/or end up throwing the controller out the living room ? Annoyingly I only have one controller so can't determine whether its the console or controller.

Tldr: Controller and Console won't sync.
corsa-torque

6th Jun 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive had this issue, I removed the batteries from the controller.. and left the xbox un-plugged for a hour.

Plugged the xbox back in, and pushed the sync button let it do its thing and then inserted brand new batteries into the controller and then sync both and has worked fine ever since.
Hope that helps, failing that Microsoft technical line is very good imo
Neo

6th Jun 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll give anything a try, I just end up getting frustrated after 20 minutes and stopping before I get angry.

Will ask the missus to unplug the xbox now and give it a try tonight. Should give it 5 or 6 hours without power that way.

Cheers

New Poll