corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detailing hints , where to buy stuff?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Detailing hints , where to buy stuff?
cpcrampton

User status: Offline
11th Jun 12 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK, i am completely new to this game although i do like to wash polish and wax my car. So i will attempt this as a hobby.

I have recieved a DAS-6 pro Menzema Kit as an early birthday present from this misses : http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polishing-machines/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher/das-6-pro-dual-action-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_675.html

At what point do i use this and should it be every time?

I usualy do this:-

wash
clay
wash
dry
polish with Super Resin Polish
wax with dodo juice blue velvet.

Now once i have used the D/A once to correct the paint can i use it to apply my SRP ?

Another question, Pre waax cleansers (lime prime lite) if i bought this would this replace my polishing stage?

I need to buy a wool wash mit because my one is fooked, i also need some shampoo probably chemical guys wash and wax. Where can i buy these withought being charged £5 delivery (cleanyourcar.co.uk)

Thanks

Rich H

11th Jun 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wash routine is fine, but once the paint is corrected and protected, then all you'll need to do is wash it and dry it after that for quite a few months.

When it starts to feel rough, it'll need a routine much more along the lines of your usual one.

You can use the DA to apply the SRP if you wish, but really no need tbh.

LPL Pre Wax cleanser would usually be used in place of SRP, but wouldn't offer anything in terms of abrasion, standard LP would though. SRP prepares the surface enough though without the need for a dedicated pre wax cleanser tbh.

Most the decent products can only be bought online though so you'll need to stop being tight and pay the postage

Elite Car Care, i4detailing, Shinearama etc also sell most detailing products. Discount codes are usually available if you google or look on DW too
BluKoo

11th Jun 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Polished Bliss offer free postage on all (UK mainland) orders.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/

[Edited on 11-06-2012 by BluKoo]
Rich H

11th Jun 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oops, yes sorry, as Murray said, PB can help too
Sunz

11th Jun 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazon has a lot of stuff, pretty cheap to.
cpcrampton

11th Jun 12 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys
timmsy21

11th Jun 12 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of links and help/guides etc can be found here too http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/index.php

I've found it very helpful in the past

Edit: just noticed DW has already been mentioned

[Edited on 11-06-2012 by timmsy21]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Detailing hints , where to buy stuff? 23 database queries in 0.0117950 seconds